She Did It!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great story and pic's!
My Golden will help sometimes if the wood's are free of Grouse smell.If that happens I can park the truck take a nap and wake up to some cut wood lol.
He is my best wood cutting buddy.
I keep telling him to wrap his thumb around the handle on the saw?

dang not being a smart ass but how far you got haul that would i dont see a tree in sight :dizzy: kind of reminds me when i went to south dakota they said there was a pretty girl behind every tree :clap: where i was at there was not a tree in sight :monkey:

thats pretty cool dog should work out pretty cool i used to have 90 pound pit bull that with a harness could pull me faster than i wanted to go on a bicycle.

Newfie...

Definitely!

I looked into getting a newfoundland, but I am a german shepherd fan. My training/lifestyle just seems to mesh best with them.

I have a 2 year new foundland and been thinking about getting him to help me pull some wood around the back yard. Right now, we do not have a fence, but he loves to walk (on a leash) to the wood pile to "get wood."

But I have had labs and lab mixes since I was a little kid. Recently we went to a newfie to have a bigger dog that loves the water. And we will never switch breeds. Other than the dog being huge he is awesome. Great with kids and just loves being with you.

Currently he is about 160 lbs, about 33 inches at the shoulders and when he stands on his hind legs with his front paws on my shoulders...he is about 6ft tall. He is still filling out so I would guess about another 15 lbs or so before he is done.

I have a 2 year new foundland and been thinking about getting him to help me pull some wood around the back yard. Right now, we do not have a fence, but he loves to walk (on a leash) to the wood pile to "get wood."

But I have had labs and lab mixes since I was a little kid. Recently we went to a newfie to have a bigger dog that loves the water. And we will never switch breeds. Other than the dog being huge he is awesome. Great with kids and just loves being with you.

Currently he is about 160 lbs, about 33 inches at the shoulders and when he stands on his hind legs with his front paws on my shoulders...he is about 6ft tall. He is still filling out so I would guess about another 15 lbs or so before he is done.
You will really like him as he get's older, I had a neighbor with a newfie that was 6yrs old very calm friendly dog.But he said as a pup he was a handful but what dog isn't.I don't think I have ever seen a dog with a better temper than a Newfie?

dang not being a smart ass but how far you got haul that would i dont see a tree in sight :dizzy: kind of reminds me when i went to south dakota they said there was a pretty girl behind every tree :clap: where i was at there was not a tree in sight :monkey:

thats pretty cool dog should work out pretty cool i used to have 90 pound pit bull that with a harness could pull me faster than i wanted to go on a bicycle.

Hahaa. I was wondering how long that would take. Believe it or not there are quite a few trees just beyond the hill in the background. the "pine ridge" of northwestern nebraska. Lots of pine and ash. Where I took the pics I dont have any trees because of the equipment that goes through there.

Last spring I planted 100 eastern red cedars, 30 austrian pines, 30 black hills spruce, 30 burr oaks, and some more peach and apple trees on the two acre plot we have fenced out for the yard.:clap:

Hahaa. I was wondering how long that would take. Believe it or not there are quite a few trees just beyond the hill in the background. :

Sure there is (wink) Oh and by the way, the wheel has been invented. I'll bet Gracie could pull a bit more with a cart! I tried with Meka yesterday with my garden cart (red job the lawntractor pulls) but I couldn't quite rig up the harness correctly. She ended up towing me around on X-country ski's up and down my street. :clap:

Sure there is (wink) Oh and by the way, the wheel has been invented. I'll bet Gracie could pull a bit more with a cart! I tried with Meka yesterday with my garden cart (red job the lawntractor pulls) but I couldn't quite rig up the harness correctly. She ended up towing me around on X-country ski's up and down my street. :clap:

ive thought about the cart, but i dont think it would work as well out in the woods. It would work well at home.

One of the main reasons I started doing this (told this story on here before) is because my pickup is 2wd. Last winter I got stuck in the snow while trying to get close to a pile I had cut. I was stuck about 100 yds away and had to carry the wood, load the pickup to get traction. That's when Gracie first started carrying wood to the pickup in her mouth.

Back