Sherrills Lock Jack Sport

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DDM

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Has any one tried the Sherrills Lock Jack Sport
It looks very interesting.Of i'm always in the market for a new Time saving tool.

Everyone I know who has ponied up the money would not be without it.

Once you get it there is a bit of a learning curve with decending. The release is very touchy and gets kinda jerky in the begining.

lockJack

I gotta say: "I'll never be without the lockjack"
But the swabish prussik loop sold by Sherrill's would be the next best thing without the cost.

lock jack

hey mate:i had the lock jack but didn't like it so i now use the mar-bar system,which i like much better.it's like climbing a ladder.
jack

Can't limb walk on tha Mar-Bar! LJ is for working and ascending. MB is ascention only, I would rather do long pitches on a MB, because LJ is closed loop only. But then I would just use the doubled ascenders or SRT.

MB is nice, but too darn bulky.

Hey Jack....... I'm not trying to be sarcastic when i type this,But i thought you did everything the old fashioned way? No chipper,No stump grinder,But you use a Mar-Bar and a Big Shot?Well
I guess every one needs a few Labor saving tools.

I got my LJ when I was in Germany last year before Sherrill had their order shipped from Germany. I would not be without the tool. The performance is wonderful.

There are some things to pay attention to though. I've found that the LJ doesn't work on BlueStreak rope. Not a big deal since I like Yale XTC for climbing. If you open up the half moon, be sure to put it in upside UP. If not, you'll go straight to the ground. The half moon cam will wear a little and this might change how positive the lock off is. When I come to a work position, I give the release handle a little nudge to lock off. On the next generation LJ the front part where the rope runs through will be completely replaceable when it wears too much.

Even though its been said that the LJ is a "$300 replacement for a free knot" it seems worth the money to me. On a similar vein, a lowering device, from a hundred dollar portable bollard to a $2,500 ratchet is an expensive replacement for "take a wrap around the tree." would any of us go back to wrapping? I sure hope not...

Has anyone else used a Mimono from Vertical Pro?

http://www.verticalpro.net/

Tom

Latest posts

Back