Shindaiwa 446S Score

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shindiawa is known for trimmers and blowers around here. The people I know with Shinny saws love them.

Bought a Shindaiwa 352s, less than 5 tanks through it when the owner put straight gas through it.
Got it for $15, as here in NZ they are $600 new, and the shop told the guy it was not cost effective to fix.
So I bought a genuine Shinny jug and piston/rings/clips for$150,and rebuilt my 3 hour old saw...score!
Beautiful saw, really well made, solid, nice balance, and gutsy for a 35cc saw...personally I'd say they are every bit as good as Stihl, and I would look really closely at another Shinny if the need arises.
You got yourself one hell of a bargain there, well done!

Today I did a simple muffler mod, tuned it, and tried it out with some oak. Wow, this thing is impressive! It starts easy (the spring assisted pull start is really pretty nice), runs smooth as silk, and cuts like greased lightning; it makes my 025 feel like a cheap toy. Will definitely keep an eye out for more Shinsaws.

Keep it a secret. Prices on eBay are getting higher. We can let the word out when I get ready to sell off my collection.

Sorry Josh.

Congratulation!

A vid would be nice! Then we would also see how well it cuts.

A vid would be nice! Then we would also see how well it cuts.

Wow, I've never done a video. The most challenging part for this old dog would be trying to figure out how to upload it. I might give it a try (don't hold me to it), but it won't be for at least several days since I'm going out of town tomorrow.

@ RAS61,

Easy solution! No vid! Hand over your saw and I'll do the vid...

;)

I don't know, having a Shinsaw in Austria has to be illegal; I think it's Stihl and Dolmar only for you.
If you knew what kind of flak I regularly recieve by recommending a japanese saw! Being verberly assulted is the nice stuff I can read...

I've become a real shindaiwa fan for small handheld equipment : their trimmers and hedge cutters are on par with Stihl quality imo. Very reliable engines. And you can get them relatively cheap second hand....but parts are very expensive over here.

I paid 150€ for a 'as new" 446S and can only say good things about it. Very peppy saw. The only minor point would be the hard feel of the handle, and it's antivibe is not on par with modern huskies. A tad heavier also, but for the occasional user, this is one heck of a reliable saw.

left.JPG

Latest posts

Back