Shindaiwa 488 owners: which filter?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
99909-488p pro filter kit

Thanks for the info, will check into this asap as I want one. At first, I did not want to pay extra if not needed, now know that this would be a wise investment............grump

Get the Power Pro filter kit. This is the same kit, just a smaller version, that is on the 757.

I agree with Four Paws. I have one with the Power Pro filter and one with the standard mesh. The Power Pro wins hands down, if you can get past the looks! I like function over form personally....:cheers:

Need parts for Craftsman chainsaw 358353662

Edge,
I went to the craftsman chainsaw parts site and added a few parts to their site.
65.00 plus. Do you know of another site that sells parts at a more reasonable price. When adding the amount, it seems like another 50.00 or 70.00 more and you can replace the saw. I have had it since '84, along with my itty-bitty Home-lite XL '85, which I just used this past weekend. Thanks for the parts and site to view and put it back together. Is there a place, site, person that is out there with better prices? Hoping I don't hack a lot of people off. Any comments out there from those with more experience would be appreciated..........Grump

Edge,
I went to the craftsman chainsaw parts site and added a few parts to their site.
65.00 plus. Do you know of another site that sells parts at a more reasonable price. When adding the amount, it seems like another 50.00 or 70.00 more and you can replace the saw. I have had it since '84, along with my itty-bitty Home-lite XL '85, which I just used this past weekend. Thanks for the parts and site to view and put it back together. Is there a place, site, person that is out there with better prices? Hoping I don't hack a lot of people off. Any comments out there from those with more experience would be appreciated..........Grump

grump is this saw you have a poulan saw ?

cause that is what it comes out to being

for future reference do not bother ordering from sears they jack there prices so high above msrp prices that you cannot believe i been stressing it on consumers why go to sears when there are small business people such as myself that sell the exact same parts at cheaper prices

besides i probily have the parts for that 1984 model out in my shop i looked at sears diagram and it shows the piston as a 10588 which fits the 2300 2300AV so i guess your saw is one of them two models

which i have that obsolete piston on my store for $ 19.00 so get me a list of part # s i would like to have you as a customer i can give a good discount if i have the parts in stock i may surprise you and charge $ 0.99 cents per item if they are small items

so get me a list together

thanks
calvin

Last edited:
I'm interested in the filters

Rich

If there's enough to go around. I've been running the pro filter kit you sent me and could always use a spare filter.

You wouldn't happen to have a kit for a 577?

grump is this saw you have a poulan saw ?

cause that is what it comes out to being

for future reference do not bother ordering from sears they jack there prices so high above msrp prices that you cannot believe i been stressing it on consumers why go to sears when there are small business people such as myself that sell the exact same parts at cheaper prices

besides i probily have the parts for that 1984 model out in my shop i looked at sears diagram and it shows the piston as a 10588 which fits the 2300 2300AV so i guess your saw is one of them two models

which i have that obsolete piston on my store for $ 19.00 so get me a list of part # s i would like to have you as a customer i can give a good discount if i have the parts in stock i may surprise you and charge $ 0.99 cents per item if they are small items

so get me a list together

thanks
calvin

LawnMo,
The unit is a craftsman 358353662 circa '83 per case cover I believe on the case. Lou at Austin Outdoor Power said Poulan maybe. Looking for some parts to get it back to new. Storm overhead at the moment in the Leander area. Good one too, boy we need the rain. Will get the list on the site tomorrow for availability, prices and delivery time frame. Until then, Riding the Storm out..................Grump

lawnmowertech37

Got the list together:
Model 358353662

See if you got the parts available and an idea of the price and let me know. Also, the part numbers are from the Sears site..............grump

Items
Gas tank Qty: 1

Seal - fuel tank neck
Qty: 1

Fuel cap assembly (still have the original if it will work)

• 530069166 Only the spur (Sprocket) is needed and it faces towards the inside when others usually face outwards.

Clutch kit

Pump gasket
Qty: 2

Oil filter

Got the list together:
Model 358353662

See if you got the parts available and an idea of the price and let me know. Also, the part numbers are from the Sears site..............grump

Items
Gas tank Qty: 1

Seal - fuel tank neck

Fuel cap assembly (still have the original if it will work)

• 530069166 Only the spur (Sprocket) is needed and it faces towards the inside when others usually face outwards.

Clutch kit

Pump gasket
Qty: 2

Oil filter

for the parts listed is that what sears showed $ 65.00 for ?

and that was not counting shipping ?

i did a figure on them parts and came out with $ 44.81 and this price includes the clutch kit that sears shows as discontinued plus shipping
so its still cheaper than you found at sears

what gets me is why is the 69166 sprocket shows $ 21.44 at there site and my price on them for consumers is $ 11.00 well i will check and see what i have available in the shop vs what has to be ordered from the distributor and get back with you on this probily tommorrow or today thanks
calvin

Last edited:
Craftsman parts for 358353662

lawnmowertech37
ArboristSite.com Sponsor

The prices on Sears website, were pricey is what I thought. On the clutch, is it the spur and clutch, or just the spur? Also, it seems that the bolt or fastener to the clutch could be some type of special tool. How would one take it off? It has two slots on the edges. Let me know if you have the items available and I will send payment. Also, just registered on your site, if it is the link copied on your arborist site. Thanks...............Joe

I sent an email to the link on your site. Not sure if you got it. Arbor sent email stating email did not reach you. The above message was sent.

Last edited:
lawnmowertech37
ArboristSite.com Sponsor

The prices on Sears website, were pricey is what I thought. On the clutch, is it the spur and clutch, or just the spur? Also, it seems that the bolt or fastener to the clutch could be some type of special tool. How would one take it off? It has two slots on the edges. Let me know if you have the items available and I will send payment. Also, just registered on your site, if it is the link copied on your arborist site. Thanks...............Joe

I sent an email to the link on your site. Not sure if you got it. Arbor sent email stating email did not reach you. The above message was sent.

This would be great, in a different thread!!!!!:arg:

Last edited:
At least

it started out as a Shindaiwa thread.

Folks can't find much to say about Shindaiwa's so they've got to fill the gap somehow LOL

Clean up saws

Sorry about the questions for the saw I am putting together. Got info for brand X saws here, so I continued. Use my 488 to cut down, and the brand X's to clean up while the 488 sits pretty on the logs. Will keep the info on Shindaiwa here and go to the other websites for my parts..............grump

I've gathered that the stock filter leaves something to be desired. I am, however, confused about the options.

There is a snorkel conversion kit, a flocked filter (which needs some kind of elbow), and the "Pro" filter kit (which I gather is like the one on my 757.)

What are the differences, and which should I buy?

-=[ Grant ]=-

Just get a better saw, like the 50cc 346xp.....:greenchainsaw:

Back