Shindaiwa better than the others??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kennyplay

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I have now come across Shindaiwa chainsaw..Been told they are better, chrome cylinder and 2 ring pistons means better....I am shopping for a saw around 4 hp 12lbs 20" bar to cut 40-50 cords of wood...Any ideas? you can email me at [email protected]

shin saw

I guess , sub consciencely, I shyed away from them, seemed more money and Japanese made...Gut feeling, felt the German saws are probably better? Strange huh....

The local dealer doesn't have the 490 yet...I will look around. I take it that it will easily be around $500+ He said that he used work at the dealer, and now bought it. The old dealer sold Stihl, and now he sells Shindaiwa, because he feels they are better...who knows, I think it could be that Shin offered him a good deal on a franchise dealership?

There are just so many more Stihl and Huskys around too...

Thanks for your input sir! Kenny

Shindaiwa saws..............I've owned quite a few.............are good solid saws!!!

Their designs are 10 yrs. old or so. The new 490 seems like a step in the right direction........we will see!!!

Performancewise the comparable Stihls and Husky's are usually better!!!

Back