Shindawa 345 F/S - Worth $150? Opinions appreciated.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

V3_288xp

BLY MOUNTAIN MOONSHINER
Reaction score
Hey guys just saw a little SHINDAWA 345 close to me, in very nice used cond possible (9).
It's listed for $150. This is a 30cc class saw, seems high to me, although I have No exp with Shin's.
I have a small saw limb, but could use another good one as my 212 is semi retired.
WWYD? All opinions, welcome and appreciated, TIA

I have several in my collection. I got a few for $50 and grabbed up one locally for $70 that had never been fueled. Seems high to me. I like the older Shindaiwa saws.
The Achilles heal on the 345 is the three piece ignition system. The replacement parts are no longer available.
473a3178ea1ae11afb675e91a25cac96.jpg
c09337b6fa05bc4eeba62375dd236fd0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alderman- Nice Looker there!

Yeah- they are a nice looking saw. But the price is a bit high especially around here.
I'll make an offer as I imagine it won't sell for $100...
Heard Shidawa are good saws, made in Japan so, its worth a shot.
Thx guys!

Although I don't know jack about Shin-D
Most all 30 / 50cc saws I've come across are built on diff case sizes, there are crossovers
between 30/40s 40/50s etc.. But 30-50 is a fairly large case/design jump most of the time.
Not saying it hasn't ever happened, as it sure would be welcome on the back tho'- right!

alderman said: I believe the 345 weighs 9.9 lbs and the 500 11.7 lbs.
-----------------------------------
So, come on then prove it 'alderman' show us your super nice Shinny 500! :yes:

Per request.

First locked up saw I’d repaired after it was straight gassed by a relative. He gave it to me for free.

Very little transfer. Cleaned up and new rings, runs great.

Noodling a sveedish candle.

Storm damage cleanup with it and the 441C.

Thx- Nature
I really like the looks of the Shindaiwa saws- if they run as good as they look, I'm gonna get 1...!

Latest posts

Back