Shipping from Ireland?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Old2stroke

Old2stroke

Never too many toys
. AS Supporting Member.
Was looking for a new chain on Amazon.ca and found what was advertised as an authentic Oregon product at a cheaper price than the other selections. Just what I wanted so of course I ordered it and it arrived in two weeks with no tax and free shipping, even though it was less than the $35.00 that qualifies for free shipping. The chain came from one of Amazon's partners, and it turns out it came from Ireland. The chain was indeed Oregon and came in an Oregon box, so how does someone in Ireland get to have a supply of Oregon chains to sell at a cheap price ($27 instead of $35). Anyone know where Oregon chains are actually manufactured now?

holeycow

holeycow

Dirt, Air, Water, Sun; Seeds.
. AS Supporting Member.
I bought some chains for a baler about 15 years ago. They arrived at the new holland dealer in a 300lb wooden box. The box had “made in China”, “product of China” shipping stickers slapped all over it.

Each side link had an “NH” and “made in USA” stamped on it.

I think the chain parts were made in the US, shipped to China for assembly, and then shipped back.

Huh?