Shipping question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris_In_VT

Brrraaaaap!
Reaction score
I've shipped a few saws, but some of you guys ship a lot more than I do.

I am wondering, what would be the cheapest method to ship 3 saws to one address?

Each individually, or manage to do it in one package?

If one package (I'm just guessing this is cheaper) is there any shipping company that has better rates for larger packages? UPS vs fedex or USPS....?

Or what are your thoughts?

Thanks guys.

In my experience, UPS is cheaper than USPS for larger shipments. All in one box is the way to go. I haven't dealt much with FedEx Ground. I have also heard that Fastenal will truck ship items around the country but I haven't ever tried that.

I bought 15 bars and about 10 partial rolls of chain earlier this year, a bit over 90 pounds total. Tried the Fastenal route and they were more expensive than USPS.

I bought 15 bars and about 10 partial rolls of chain earlier this year, a bit over 90 pounds total. Tried the Fastenal route and they were more expensive than USPS.

Heavy, probably much more so than 3 saws would be (I'd guess 60ishlbs maybe?)
But the 3 saws will be a lot bulkier, a much larger package.

Guess I'll find a box big enough, get everything to fit and weigh/measure it.
I'll check into fastenal, hadn't considered them, only ups, usps and fedex.

I shipped a box today, 20" x 12" and about 12 pounds, Priority Mail, to a super-secret location in Appalachia. It cost me $43.62.

Greyhound use to have cheap shipping, but its been years sense ive used them.
You do have to drop off and pick up at one of there terminals.

Let's us know how it works
Nothing I'm doing soon, just a trade deal I have in the works, hope it works out but we'll see.

I shipped a box today, 20" x 12" and about 12 pounds, Priority Mail, to a super-secret location in Appalachia. It cost me $43.62.
Yeah, single saws I've shipped have varied from $30ish to $50ish depending how big and where to.

Was curious if there was a clear cut answer on the cheapest way to ship 3 saws together.

Fastenal was running a special here in the southeast recently... One LTL pallet, under a 1,000lbs for $75 through their southeastern lines.

Might be beneficial for you to check them out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back