Should extras be included with new Stihl Chainsaw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When it comes to making purchases (usually larger ones), I do my homework. I research what I'm looking for, educate myself on it, and price shop.:D

Jmao but this is the only part of your post I can agree with.
For me, dealing with a private dealer, ie small business, at least you know who you are supporting and typically they care about customer service.
The big box stores not so much. You're just another open wallet walking in the door.
To me, dealing with a big box store when there is a small business next door is like seeking out Chinese quality or cloned products.
Small business owners are our friends and neighbors. And who better to support.
Just my .02

Most Stihl saw come with the screwdriver, scrench and owner's manual. I give them all to my customers and explain their use. To answer the OP, these are items that come with the saw and that is all we give.
My local Stihl dealer just gives away those little screw drivers , I asked to buy one a year or two ago and she said just take a hand full out of the bucket on the way out .

Jmao but this is the only part of your post I can agree with.
For me, dealing with a private dealer, ie small business, at least you know who you are supporting and typically they care about customer service.
The big box stores not so much. You're just another open wallet walking in the door.
To me, dealing with a big box store when there is a small business next door is like seeking out Chinese quality or cloned products.
Small business owners are our friends and neighbors. And who better to support.
Just my .02

Sorry, that's the exception and not the rule. Small business or not, there are good ones and bad ones, and ones that need to go out of business.

We recently had a new Walmart open up in our community. Talk about a shot of adrenaline in the arm. It hired a ton of employees from within our community. Gave us better buying power, as well as product selection and convenience.

Small businesses used to be a whole lot better than they are now. Maybe it's just the economy and the way it's been going down hill and taking a toll on them. Maybe it's just a sign of the times.

You deal with a small business that has an attitude, and you can't do much about it, other than to go elsewhere. You deal with a big box store and an employee with an attitude, you speak to the general manager. Things will happen.

Don't get me wrong. I'm NOT saying that a big box store is the answer to everything. But, it is the answer to a lot of community problems and issues. A new small mom and pop operation won't change things all that much, if at all.

I've dealt with way too many small businesses with poor attitudes and poor service. I do business with small shops, and things do go well at times, and I remember those times. But, when it comes to purchasing a product or service where that price may vary by quite a bit, you have to look at the bottom line. Talk is cheap and isn't worth squat in the grocery check-out line.

all I can say is walmart sucks its second rate trash and poor customer service if order online or call their 1800 number but you enjoy your walmart

So Dano, what happens when the big box stores sell at cost and eliminate all the local businesses and leave you with them as the only choice? No competition, no check on their new pricing, no option on service. Try speaking to the General Manager about that.

So Dano, what happens when the big box stores sell at cost and eliminate all the local businesses and leave you with them as the only choice? No competition, no check on their new pricing, no option on service. Try speaking to the General Manager about that.

My friend, the world is changing, and it's not all for the good. All this smart technology that we are embracing as a society will be our eventual downfall. When things get to be too easy, we fail as a species. We no longer exert ourselves, we no longer challenge ourselves, we no longer think for ourselves, and we no longer care about the outcome. We are all about the here and now.

I simply cannot say what the box stores will be like in the future. I don't know what our country and society will be like in 20 yrs. or so. But.....I have a gut check feeling that it will be worse than it is now. I just don't see a rosy future.

Big box stores (department stores) have been around for years. It's just that we didn't call um that. We called them K-Mart, Montgomery Wards, JC Penney, Sears, etc. Monkey Wards is gone, JC Penney is struggling, as is Sears. No such thing as Walmart back then.

I still patronize small businesses. If they can provide me the product or service I'm shopping for, and if their price is competitive, I will get my wallet out. I'll even refer them to others. Sometimes, it's just as simple as that.

But, if the price difference is substantial, I'll have to think it over, and see if it's worth it to me. Sometimes it is.......and sometimes it isn't.

all I can say is walmart sucks its second rate trash and poor customer service if order online or call their 1800 number but you enjoy your walmart

My wife has a degree in Economics and is a very savvy shopper. She knows her way around supplying a household with food / supplies and does it very well. She coupons with the best of them. The money she saves us is quite amazing.

We've never shopped Walmart on-line. No need to. But, we do shop there and do very well. If we need to return something, there's never an issue over it. They sell the name-brand products and have an excellent selection.

You can call Walmart what ever you want, be it accurate or not. I just got a new pair of eye glasses at Walmart. Way cheaper than a dedicated optical shop. No comparison actually, as it wasn't even close.

Bottom line.......if I don't pay close attention and manage my finances as best I can, who will?

Back