Should I be concerned about Jonsered?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PB

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Straight from Husqvarna:

"In order to increase efficiency and to reduce costs, Husqvarna will reduce the number of product brands. The Group will increase the share of sales to the premium segment where profitability is higher. Brand investments and product innovations will thus focus mainly on the global brands. The aim is to reduce the number of tactical and regional brands."

Jonsered is listed as a "Tactical" brand.

:msp_confused::(

Wow, I don't like the sound of that plan!

A local Jred dealer here just added Husqvarna to his lineup. Maybe this news is related?

Perhaps like General Motors making both GMC and Chevrolet trucks for sooo many years.

They were basically the same truck and 'loyalists' bought whichever brand they preferred.

GMC is now discontinued history...but Chevrolet still continues...

Sooo..did GMC 'loyalists' switch to Ford (i.e.) likely not..they just now buy Chevrolet..??
:cheers:
J2F

Perhaps like General Motors making both GMC and Chevrolet trucks for sooo many years.

They were basically the same truck and 'loyalists' bought whichever brand they preferred.

GMC is now discontinued history...but Chevrolet still continues...

Sooo..did GMC 'loyalists' switch to Ford (i.e.) likely not..they just now buy Chevrolet..??
:cheers:
J2F

Chevrolet makes trucks? They barely make cars.

Jonsered died years ago, maybe they will finally bury the corpse.

Don't get worried without reading all of what they say.

It also says that McCulloch will be back this year.

Philbert

Brands
Having a portfolio of brands is essential for maintaining a leading position in a range of price and product categories, appealing to various end-users and throughout sales channels and regions. Husqvarna, Gardena, McCulloch and Diamant Boart are the Group’s core brands.

Husqvarna has long been a strong global premium brand for professional users and consumers who demand high performance. The brand stands for technological leadership, professional performance and high quality. The brand accounts for approximately 48 percent of Group net sales.

Gardena is the leading premium brand for watering products and garden tools in the European consumer market. The offering also includes battery-powered products. The Gardena brand accounted for approxiamely 12% of Group sales.

McCulloch was launched in 2011 and will be available to consumers in the retail channel as of 2012. The range will comprice forestry and garden products.

Diamant Boart is recognized as the global leading brand in the stone industry. The product offering includes a complete range of diamond tools for the processing of natural stone.

Other brands

Husqvarna Group’s tactical brands hold strong positions in regional or local markets, or in specific product categories. The tactical brands create scope for flexibility and can, for example, expand to geographical markets or product categories if required. The Group’s regional brands also hold strong positions in their local markets, but there are no plans to expand them into new markets. Examples of tactical and regional brands are:

Tactical:

Jonsered - Professional products and high-performance products for consumers sold by dealers mainly in the Nordic region but also in North America.
PoulanPro – Consumer products sold by retailers in North America.
WeedEater - Consumer products sold by retailers in North America.
Dixon - Professional products sold by dealers in North America.

Regional:

Klippo - Professional products and high-performance products for consumers sold mainly by dealers in Scandinavia.
Flymo - Consumer products sold by retailers mainly in the UK, the Nordic region and the Netherlands.
Zenoah - Professional products and high-performance products for consumers sold by dealers mainly in Japan.
Bluebird - Professional products sold by dealers in North America.

Strong brands
Having a portfolio of brands is essential for maintaining a leading position in a range of price and product categories, appealing to various end-users and throughout sales channels and regions.

Husqvarna, Gardena, McCulloch and Diamant Boart are the Group’s core brands.

Prioritized brands

Going forward, we will prioritize our core brands – Husqvarna, Gardena, McCulloch and Diamant Boart. Husqvarna, Gardena and Diamant Boart are already premium brands enjoying strong positions while McCulloch will be launched as a premium brand for consumer products.
The number of brands will be reduced

In order to increase efficiency and to reduce costs, Husqvarna will reduce the number of product brands. The Group will increase the share of sales to the premium segment where profitability is higher. Brand investments and product innovations will thus focus mainly on the global brands. The aim is to reduce the number of tactical and regional brands.
Husqvarna brand

Husqvarna has long been a strong global premium brand which accounts for approximately 45% of Group net sales. The range of products under the Husqvarna brand has been steadily expanded, and also includes high-performance consumer products.These products are mainly sold through dealers. The Group will continue to invest in brand-building.
McCulloch

In 2011, McCulloch will be launched as a global premium brand and sold to consumers in the retail channel as of 2012. The range will comprise forestry and garden products.

And This:

attachment.php

I'm trying to figure out how McCulloch became a strong global brand. Must have been those years they were sold as Jeng Fenn built saws and later rebadged Poulans.

Best I can figure anyway...

If I was a Jonsereds fan, I would be concerned though.

It says McCulloch is one of the Core brands ?????

Really.....

And "premium" at that. Anyone trying to market McCulloch as anything other than a lower end consumer product after everything that has been done to cheapen their offerings over the past 2+ decades is certainly fighting an uphill battle.

Back