Should I buy a new Stihl MS361 for my father-in-law?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Peacock

Peacock

Addicted to ArboristSite
Personally, I'd rather have a good running 041 than a 361. Waaaayyyyyyyy more grunt. Get his 041 tuned up and stick a carb kit in it.

I've got a good bit of trigger time with a 361 and am just not impressed. Doesn't pull a 20" bar in hardwood with authority. It's too heavy and expensive to be a dedicated limbing saw for me. Plus it's way short on power to be a big saw.

pbuehning

pbuehning

ArboristSite Operative
Should I buy a new Stihl MS361 for my father-in-law?
Yes

+1

If he's stihl swinging an 041, he'd love the 361. I have nothing but praise for mine. Oh, if he misses the loud noises of the 41, offer to mod the muffler and he'll be even happier.

PS: Don't you use it or you're gonna want one for yourself!! ROFL-MAO !!

:clap:

49KB-2

49KB-2

ArboristSite Member
I gave my brother a 361 to replace his worn out 041av, and he loves it.

Of course the 041 had to have a ratchet strap around it to keep the body together, so maybe he just likes a saw that stays in one piece.

Now I'm thinking about goverment rebate to buy me a new 361.

aandabooks

aandabooks

Addicted to ArboristSite
Since he is fairly happy running the old 041, why not get him a lighter option and go for the MS260. Put an 18" bar on it he'll have a lighter saw than the 361 and he can still have the 041 for the big stuff.

wanab

wanab

Addicted to ArboristSite
The 361 is a religious icon! (bow bow bow).

LoL!
some peeps have a 361 on their alter, others can see it for the false prophet that it really is.

:censored:

attachment.php

Latest posts