Should i NOT buy this 346xp?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If the 346 top end was bought in Canada its almost 300 bux.
We never got the 110 bux ones.
All them small huskys are good.
I have a oem346 and oem353 both massaged a little, prefer the 353.
I think here 300-350 cad would get you a small husky here,, there are not a lot of 346 out here, not sure why.
I got mine from Ontario.

I haven't had my 346XP (OE) long enough to compare it to my 353, but I sure don't have any complaints with the 353, I grab that saw a lot.

I'm looking forward to putting some time on the 346XP, but I have all the size classes covered pretty well, so I can usually grab, the right saw for the job, so I have been Very Happy with all my Huskies so far

Doug :cheers:

There's a poulan 3400 or 2800?? On kijiji for 140.00. That might be a good buy.
I like my 3400, well built saw, a bit weighty but it runs good and the stigma of being a Poulan keeps prices low.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

I actually just came accross a 351 in Ontario in good shape for 300, im talking the seller now.
So fellas... that 346 or a clean little 351?

the 351 looks unmolested but definately used. Should be ok? 300 is too much. Just a complete guess, but that saw was probably not much over 400.00, perhaps 450.00 (real buying, not msrp) roughly 20 years ago? just a guess. Imo that's a factor.

Personally, i'd be all over that poulan. Looks real nice in pictures. Offer the 140 asked and share shipping. 160 bux, and you've got a great saw with likely some parts availability (doubtfull you'll ever need parts anyway, but a second example down the road would give you two really "cool" old saws, and a lifetime of parts to always have one. You could probably have that for less than 300). That is how I would think about it, anyway.
I'm just trying to help out OP. Not in anyway to offend, but you don't know prices here in Canada.

the maritimes, and especially Newfoundland, would be a great place to pick up a beauty of a 70cc saw, since scores of the boys came out west to run that size of saw for many, many years. Some would be wore out of course (the saws and the boys, lol) cause they were workin' saws, but many will be solid.

PS, there's absolutely nothing wrong with a 353. My Jonny 2152 is a really nice saw.

But, at this moment I'd be all over that cool little Poulan. Well, I would've been all over it 6 hours ago. That may be the second time it's been listed in the last month..? It looked familiar this morning.

the 351 looks unmolested but definately used. Should be ok? 300 is too much. Just a complete guess, but that saw was probably not much over 400.00, perhaps 450.00 (real buying, not msrp) roughly 20 years ago? just a guess. Imo that's a factor.

Personally, i'd be all over that poulan. Looks real nice in pictures. Offer the 140 asked and share shipping. 160 bux, and you've got a great saw with likely some parts availability (doubtfull you'll ever need parts anyway, but a second example down the road would give you two really "cool" old saws, and a lifetime of parts to always have one. You could probably have that for less than 300). That is how I would think about it, anyway.
I'm just trying to help out OP. Not in anyway to offend, but you don't know prices here in Canada.

the maritimes, and especially Newfoundland, would be a great place to pick up a beauty of a 70cc saw, since scores of the boys came out west to run that size of saw for many, many years. Some would be wore out of course (the saws and the boys, lol) cause they were workin' saws, but many will be solid.

PS, there's absolutely nothing wrong with a 353. My Jonny 2152 is a really nice saw.

But, at this moment I'd be all over that cool little Poulan. Well, I would've been all over it 6 hours ago. That may be the second time it's been listed in the last month..? It looked familiar this morning.
Good info. My 365 sp came from out west just as you mentioned, mint.

They don't in Canada. Sorry, but you just don't know.

in fact, let's just call a spade a spade here. You're trying to protect your rebuilding hobby by attempting to inflate prices, or keep them artificially high; whatever. That is a thing on here.

that particular 351 was not worth 500 bux in Canada. 480 + shipping to the tune of 520-530. Right.

guaranteed you wouldn't buy it at that price here.

Like I said, you wouldn't pay that here. Yet you would encourage someone else to. Hmmm, that's the sign of an a-hole. I didn't think you were an a-hole...?

Like I said, you wouldn't pay that here. Yet you would encourage someone else to. Hmmm, that's the sign of an a-hole. I didn't think you were an a-hole...?
You haven't been paying attention.;)

What I would pay and what the market value is is irrelevant. I'm not looking for a 346. You said that what happened in this thread just doesn't happen in Canada. So who's lying about the sale, the seller or OP? That's what the baby laughing was about. You claim 346s don't sell at the price stated here yet obviously one did, and it's all in THIS THREAD.

You haven't been paying attention.;)

What I would pay and what the market value is is irrelevant. I'm not looking for a 346. You said that what happened in this thread just doesn't happen in Canada. So who's lying about the sale, the seller or OP? That's what the baby laughing was about. You claim 346s don't sell at the price stated here yet obviously one did, and it's all in THIS THREAD.
Im not sure where this thread is going. Thanks for your input.

And it took at least 3 weeks for the fellow to sell his overpriced 351. No doubt he dropped his price.
You don't know that, but if all you're looking to do is back up an opinion I can see why you'd say it.

I sold an 034 super last weekend, that had been for sale for a few weeks, for my original asking price. All you're doing here is speculating, but you'll never admit it.

Latest posts

Back