should I paint theses guys white?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chainsaw Master

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Some polar bears I carved up, and I'm putting the finishing touch on them, can't decied if I should paint them white, or leave em woodgrain, they're all carved from one red pine tree...... whatcha y'all think?

in-freakin-credible! Totally impressed, and I think the woodgrain without paint looks great. I'd leave them natural. If you do paint them, I'd suggest a white stain so the woodgrain still shows through (like a whitewash).

nice job on those. Try wood bleach or thinned down white paint as a stain. Don't hide the wood grain showing thru. What kind of wood are they?

Chainsaw Master said:
Some polar bears I carved up, and I'm putting the finishing touch on them, can't decied if I should paint them white, or leave em woodgrain, they're all carved from one red pine tree...... whatcha y'all think?

as someone who would consider buying them, i would leave them natural... you do gorgeous work...

I gave them a few coats of polyurethane already, so I don't think a stain will take. I originally had the coke bear in mind, but I liked the wood grain after I sanded them.

VERY nice work! Most chainsaw bears are not really very good, but yours ARE. I'd buy one. Well, if I weren't broke, anyway! :D

You are in a class with a very few chainsaw artists.

I like the natural look, but I could second skwerl's motion of using a whitewash if you must do something.

Way too nice to paint!

It wouldn't matter what they were made of if they were painted - could be carved Great Stuff - but showin that grain says a whole lot!

Regards,

Chaser

L-Enterprises said:
Awesome !
No paint!! They are perfect as-is, you have a great gift, proudly display these for all to enjoy they are simply incredible.

Thanks everyone for the compliments & comments, I'll take all your advice and add a few more coats of polly, maybe just paint the noses black.

they look great just the way they are, I think you will need to find somemore red pine cause you are going to be sold out very fast. great work

xander9727 said:
Those are awesome. If you make another I would try the white stain..........but those look great. How much for one?

If it's less than a few hundred, you are selling yourself short.

I think you are a very clever person.
Asking nice and polite about what finish.
When you probably know what is best already.
Those things are incredible.
Hey, are you just a smooth sales person?
How long have you been carving?

What is the price?

Hey, I get the first one! Well, as long as he takes Mastercard and it's under my credit limit! :p

Seriously though, PM me if we can do this. My old man just bought a vacation house on the Chatahoochie River and one of those fellas needs to guard the place.

Back