Should I sell my MS310

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aandabooks

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Let me start by saying that I love my MS310. Starts easy, runs great and alot of power after I modded the muffler.

Here's what leads me to ask this question. I also have an 044 that wears an 18" bar, same as the 310. While the 044 is heavier, it is also faster. It runs great and starts first pull everytime once it is warmed up.

I don't feel like there is enough of a weight savings to put down the 044 and pick up the 310. The last couple outings the 310 has been the get out of a bind or I just don't feel like changing the 044s chain. That is when it gets used.

Would I take a beating on selling the 310 and look at purchasing a 260/261. I really don't have any extra cash laying around right now to add into a saw. (Its all been going into the firearms fund lately)

What do you all think? Hold the 310 or take a chance?

I would hold onto the 310, hell it doesn't owe you anything. They are a good lil saw, if anything put a 16" on it, one of these days if the cash situation gets better go trade it in on what you want, I don't think age affects a trade as much as condition unless you are dealing with an old dinosaur like a 031. You undoubtably will use the 044 more. Around here the 026/260 doesn't have a very big following, I've seen nice ones bring 125.00 to 175.00 and I mean clean ones. Look around for awhile and be patient, one will come up worth the money.

So you have some GUNS to sell?...I be over tomorrow...:)

Oh wait you are asking about the 310...It will bring good money on CL or ebay....Not enough to buy a new 260/261 but a good chunk to get you started...

Now if you sold both the 180 and the 310 you will be even closer...

Back