Show Me Your DIY Wood Conveyor !

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i already have 4 cord sold. by the end of november i am hoping to be out of wood. sell my 30-40 cord and call it a year. The shed will be full of hay equipment within the next couple weeks. we are finishing up baling the last of the hay today then it will be time to clean everything up and get it in under roof.

Here is mine, I bought it last fall from the guy who did all the fab work..
He had the same problems as others with wood jambing, before he added the angles on both sides...
I've only used it a few times so far, but it works great..
We had it running for a couple of hours at the Pa GTG this spring.....The chain jumped off of the sprocket at the high end,,,,it musta had a piece of bark or sliver that that got between the bottom of the chain and the sprocket and derailed it...HPIM0445.JPG HPIM0446.JPG

Here is mine, I bought it last fall from the guy who did all the fab work..
He had the same problems as others with wood jambing, before he added the angles on both sides...
I've only used it a few times so far, but it works great..
We had it running for a couple of hours at the Pa GTG this spring.....The chain jumped off of the sprocket at the high end,,,,it musta had a piece of bark or sliver that that got between the bottom of the chain and the sprocket and derailed it...View attachment 446052 View attachment 446053

I like it. This is the route I will most likely go. What gauge is the sheet metal?

I like it. This is the route I will most likely go. What gauge is the sheet metal?
It looks to me to be 3/32 nds", the catch box is steel, the long angled sides are galvanized,,,,, I think he used whatever he had laying around..
He also converted it to a single chain, made new axles at each end, with bearings..

Anyone use a 205 Owatonna conveyor? Neighbor has one for sale.

Brian

Back