Show me your workspace

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wait, sh!t, 8 kids!?!

Sir yes sir. Eight and counting..five years ago the wife and I quit our jobs, sold our house, and became house parents at a children's home/ ranch for orphans. I currently have two biological boys and six girls from 4 to 19...so it benefits me to have a 'fortress of solitude ' occasionally!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sir yes sir. Eight and counting..five years ago the wife and I quit our jobs, sold our house, and became house parents at a children's home/ ranch for orphans. I currently have two biological boys and six girls from 4 to 19...so it benefits me to have a 'fortress of solitude ' occasionally!

Thank you for what you do. You may be all some of those kids ever had. Worthy cause for sure.

Yes sir, what he said. My folks became foster parents so they could eventually adopt thier granddaughter as there daughter (my sister). Shes 17 now and i see first hand what life she could have led, compared to the one she has. I thank god my folks did what they did to give her the life she deserved.

Thank you for what you do. You may be all some of those kids ever had. Worthy cause for sure.

Funny, but God uses those kids to teach me way more than I've taught them, what we're doing isn't special but our kids sure are. I appreciate the kind words though. Maybe someday I can convince my girls that splitting wood is fun..that'd be pro level parenting

So I had expected this thread to go on for a bit, but after letting it sit I've come to the conclusion that the previous four posts are just to beautiful to build on. Bravo Zulu to RanchDad, I hope I run into more people like you. Moderators please feel free to close/lock this thread.

R/

No need to close any threads - they get dug up all the time and this one will too. Heck, when I get to assembling my 272 I might even post up a pic of my work space just so the other members can point and snicker :omg:

My current one. .....
20170421_103915_zpsrgdk0s8s.jpg

Hey, don't close this thread!

It's got me cleaning my shop so I can take a picture. Too damned embarrassed as it is now.

Same here. Do you have bad old doggie **** mixed in with metal shavings and sawdust like mine?

Oh....and I can't get near my reloading bench with a smoke. My wife always overreacts when I start the basement on fire.

Same here. Do you have bad old doggie **** mixed in with metal shavings and sawdust like mine?

Oh....and I can't get near my reloading bench with a smoke. My wife always overreacts when I start the basement on fire.

Oh, the shame. My shop is stunningly bad. I literally just go in there to get parts, then work on the porch. BUT.... I spent half the day in there today (thank you, OP) and now I can see the floor. CAD is a crushing disability.

Back