Show off your crummys!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well thats a long story. She was the first wifes best friend and i aint seen her in ten years and blam now there she was stuck like no four wheel drive and just spinin on the rims. Now she wont leave me, that just my luck next thing ya know i'll be gettin hitched cuz if she loves a cramped little trailor and the smell of saw gas and wood I may just have to marry her and hope i can live with her cuz no one else could.:poke:

this rig ussually gets me through some tight spots. definately not a work truck....

DSC02827.jpg

Hey man, were you at Go Topless day in Lancaster MA on may 8th this year? Or the Great American Jeep Rally in Somers, CT a couple months ago?

Old thread, thought I'd post here anyway.

This be a Mitsubishi L200, an old clunker but keeps on getting us into and out of the woods all year round.

And yeah, saw looks kinda goofy with big dogs and an 18" bar, but we were cutting small stuff all day so I said to heck with a longer bar.

dsc00712xo.jpg

Heres my crummy! 79 ford f250 ranger, 400m 4spd with granny first. damn good ole truck. BTW its currently for sale

attachment.php
I have a 79 in a crew cab. Pretty hard to come by. Excellent rigs that hold up incredibly well. I bought mine in 83 and still have it. It has some cancer on the bed but still runs like a top.

Mine is pretty rust free. Its black now with a stake side and a 4" lift riding on 35" bfg M/T's . Its gettin a built 408ci motor later this year. Its on the stand just slow progress on the build. Damn good woods wagons.

Old thread, thought I'd post here anyway.

This be a Mitsubishi L200, an old clunker but keeps on getting us into and out of the woods all year round.

And yeah, saw looks kinda goofy with big dogs and an 18" bar, but we were cutting small stuff all day so I said to heck with a longer bar.

dsc00712xo.jpg

Those Mitsubishis die hard. Had one with over half million on the meter, the engine wasn't opened yet.

Is it the moose's head on the door?

Mine is pretty rust free. Its black now with a stake side and a 4" lift riding on 35" bfg M/T's . Its gettin a built 408ci motor later this year. Its on the stand just slow progress on the build. Damn good woods wagons.
Yes, they are good woods wagons. Mine is on it's 3rd motor and tranny. It doesn't owe me a thing. With that short box they are good in the snow, too. Back in 85 I was called upon to help get out friends of mine that had gotten snowed in overnite at their elk camp. Chained it up all around and pushed snow over the hood for 2 miles. It only took 10 hours to get them out. Good rigs.

P1010612.jpg

P1010613.jpg

Here is my 2003 IH 4300. Has a DT466 under the hood, an 8spd (7 forward, 1 reverse) transmission. Exhaust brake and a rubber duck in the window. We use it in the winter for the cutting crews and the brush crews.

One of the scouts camps I work for just took delivery of a new 3/4 ton Chevy 4x4. Man that thing sits low in the front. It has a big plastic cow catcher under the bumper that must be for wind resistance on the freeway. Won't be long before it gets torn off.

I run this Patrol and have to say after years of running Land Rovers and Range Rovers it's very civilised and reliable. I have a Land Crusier as well but lent that to my partner and over the course of a year it went from "your jeep" to "our jeep" and now "my jeep" so looks thats gone for good ! In Ireland any 4x4 is refered to as a Jeep no matter what the make.

I run this Patrol and have to say after years of running Land Rovers and Range Rovers it's very civilised and reliable. I have a Land Crusier as well but lent that to my partner and over the course of a year it went from "your jeep" to "our jeep" and now "my jeep" so looks thats gone for good ! In Ireland any 4x4 is refered to as a Jeep no matter what the make.
I guess they don't get on you for carrying your gas in an enclosed cab over there. Over here L&I has a fit if they catch you with gas inside the cab. Of course, they have a fit if you don't have a whistle.

One of the scouts camps I work for just took delivery of a new 3/4 ton Chevy 4x4. Man that thing sits low in the front. It has a big plastic cow catcher under the bumper that must be for wind resistance on the freeway. Won't be long before it gets torn off.

I never did tear that plastic spoiler off. I know there were bets as to how long it would last. The Chevy got me around better than I expected-lowness and all. I do know that the Ford got me up a road that the Chevy would never have. The Ford was higher and I was still dragging the bottom in the mud. The logging crew had been getting their rig towed through it.

The Chevy had a better radio in it. I live in an area with poor reception, and was much less bumpy to ride in.

The first day I drove it up to a landing, the gypo logger was yelling, "That's the ugliest looking #$%$ pickup I ever seen. Looks like a %$# box!" Then came the bets on how long that &^% chunk of plastic would last.

I did do a bit of damage when a gate would not open so I drove around like everybody else and put a nice dent in it. The logger who also drove around had a scratch in the exact same spot but he had a different set up and it was on a heavy duty box--no dent.
Sigh....

I hated how low mine sat.

The cow catcher took a flying leap one day as I was barreling down the interstate. Don't miss it.

Raised my front end 2.5" with a leveling kit.

All right, you guys.
I'm sick and tired of all of your slick rigs that you take into the woods. I'm up for bragging now. You've pushed me over the edge. Check out my new improved crummy. Notice the clearance. SlowP, you've got nothing on this one. Talk about smooth. Notice the tires? You want to talk about traction? It's there, man. There's just no way you can beat this rig for woods work. And, you can get 6 men in the cab. Talk about smoothing out the ride. The whole bottom of the rig glides like glass on the road with 6 guys in it.
I'm taking bids here real soon so sharpen your pencils. It'll go fast I'm sure. It's just what everyone wants.
I've also got several bridges to sell. Any takers?

Those tires are too big. You're gonna bust an axle first time you get in gravel.
I drove by this today in Centralia on Mellon St and had to turn around and take this pic. I figured it would get some attention. This is the perfect thread for it. I can't see any way that it could even go down the street without starting a fire. What a hoot!

Latest posts

Back