Show Photos of your Stoves, inserts, and furnaces

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lots of nice setups here guys!!!!!

I can't believe your insurance guy gave you the green light with that install.:deadhorse::hmm3grin2orange:

The Swanson Code....:biggrin:

My Central Classic 6048 OWB. I burn about 25 cords of wood a year in it using it year round for heat and hot water for 2 houses.

100_0002.jpg

My Algier 2x6 wood fired maple sap evaporator.

100_0007.jpg

downsized_0211121414b.jpg

A good friend of mine had the same Central Boiler installed this summer. It baffles me how well and efficient it functions along with how much wood it doesn't use.

Great boiler!!!!!

Kick ass evaporator.:msp_thumbup:

Made my own last year. It's an outside forced air setup. Got my blowers mounted in the basement. I'll post pics when I figure out how.

The Swanson Code....:biggrin:

Whats the Swanson Code?:confused:

From the show Parks and Recreation's character Ron Swanson.

The general gist is something like this.

If you build/construct something which is perfectly functional and safe to your own personal code/standards, but if it happens to overlap city government code then so be it.:biggrin:

Being a newbie or an oldbie that's been away from burning for quite sometime, here's the new insert in action. It's 80* in here now so I cracked the sliding door a bit. :msp_smile: my plan's to get the heat to rise upstairs and it does pretty well. The folks that lived here before me had a coal stove down here and cut a large hole in the cold air return for the gas furnace. They added a closable grate so I can slide the ceiling tile to the side, open the grate and flip the furnace fan on and it'll suck the heat out of here and circulate it thought the house.

I just took off all my trophies I had down here that we're on the mantle. The Mrs. Has been complaining since we converted this room back to a family room from being my office. I guess she'll find something to put up there. I'm sure it'll cost me a fortune to do. :laugh:

8289F569-97DE-49C1-B3BE-590FF9F29162-2345-0000044AA2D01860.jpg

F504ADC7-D919-47B3-B77E-24B125E82EA1-2345-0000044AAAAB1166.jpg

Last edited:
Jotul craigslist steal

Got this enamel coated Jotul from a guy on craigslist who's wife "simply had to have it in white".
And two months later she "simply ran off with another guy".
He got to keep the stove and the kid.
800 bucks for a stove used less than one year.
When we got our new place in the country, one of our first indoor projects we did together was to get the pad constructed and install the stove.
Not sure who enjoys it more, Us or the cat and dog.

View attachment 273070

Back