Showdown at the Snellerized Corral - 7 Saw Shootout

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great test Brad, I love side by side comparisons in appropriate size wood. I am often surprise by the results.
With an 8 pin rim sprocket and .325 chain wouldn't the chain speed be close to 7 pin rim and .375 chain?

I was very pleased when my 365xt cut the same times as my muff-moded 2188. However, the 2188 was 5 seconds behind the EC.390.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaUaF5-3Y6s
www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCz8HmkiPrU
www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnvEAb_h7Uw

I should have used a longer bar and had the log up off the ground.

Here's my 440/460 Hybrid. As expected it's just a hair behind the 372 and 2171 and 15% behind the Solo. The comparison isn't as ideal as it could have been. I hit steel cable and had to grind and then re-file the chain. I set it up as closely as possible. I also had to cut off a fair amount of the log to get past the cable and a knot.

Dual ports vs quad ports? It's VERY hard to beat a 372XP in that class of saws!

Except for the old argument is a 7900 in the same class? To me it does not matter, for every day use, they all cut fast enough that other factors determine which saw I prefer.

Brad, years ago the 346 always beat a 5100 in speed of cut. What, in your opinion has changed?

Brad, years ago the 346 always beat a 5100 in speed of cut. What, in your opinion has changed?
Well, I think there have always been guys that could make the 5100 run really well. In my case, the change is in how I port and the experience I've gained over the years. Buying and learning to use a right angle grinder has made a big difference. You simply can't get in there and do what I do any other way.

Back