Shudder!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Coming home empty from a day in the wood patch clearing brush. I live right on a major highway and have to make a left turn into the drive. Due to traffic I had to come up on the turn fast, hit the binders and pull into the drive. The sound of the maul, sledge, tool box and 2 saws beginning the slide is not *nice*. Once the slide starts all one can do is hunker down and wait for the 'slam' as the nose of two bars impacts the front of the truck bed. Haven't looked to see what happened to the teeth yet.

Harry K

Thats not a good sound and it really doesn't give you a warm fuzzy feeling either.
You might want to look in a couple of saw cases, if your saws aren't to big or make up a rack to hold them.

Ed

this is how i keep my saws from siding around in the truck
IMG_0321.jpg

IMG_0322.jpg

Get yourself a 2x whatever and use the slots in the sidewall of the bed just behind the wheel well. I also have mine Rhino lined. Nothing slides on the Rhino.

Get yourself a 2x whatever and use the slots in the sidewall of the bed just behind the wheel well. I also have mine Rhino lined. Nothing slides on the Rhino.

Not sliding is a mixed blessing, though. It makes loading and unloading big rectangular wood blocks tougher.

I deal with both the issues with a trailer that has a 2x2x5 foot toolbox, has thick hardwood planking and is built like a tank. The trailer is like 13 inches high at floor, which sure is easier to load than my pickup which is 36 inches hight. Torsion axles give the trailer decent clearance below even with the low height.

Back