Sick of this narrow kerf bs..

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought a cannon super mini in 3/8- .050 when I received it, it says narrow kerf on it. My regular stihl yellow chain fits just fine, is this normal?
Define "just fine" lol If it is a true NK bar made for 3/8 Picco/Lp, it (full 3/8)should not fit the sprocket nose correctly. It will ride up on the teeth as the picco/lp drive links are actually longer than standard 3/8. It (full 3/8) will fit the rails just fine though. There is the possibility that a regular 3/8 supermini nose was installed on a NK bar?? Stranger things have happened.

It's actually pretty simple, just buy a chain that fits your bar...:)
Its simple for you but not for somebody who don't know saws! Ive been to places with no help the novice wouldnt where to begin. They would buy an .050 for a .058 thinking its alright. A .50 fits a .058 bar right but we know its wrong

Define "just fine" lol If it is a true NK bar made for 3/8 Picco/Lp, it (full 3/8)should not fit the sprocket nose correctly. It will ride up on the teeth as the picco/lp drive links are actually longer than standard 3/8. It (full 3/8) will fit the rails just fine though. There is the possibility that a regular 3/8 supermini nose was installed on a NK bar?? Stranger things have happened.
No the chain doesn't ride up on the nose at all, it fits correctly.
I have a super mini that's a year or two old which takes regular chain and does not say narrow kerf on it.
So are all NK bars supposed to run lp/picco or do some run regular 3/8?

Latest posts

Back