Silky Zubat replacement

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's a link to most of the advanced hitches and knots. Get some 5/16 or 3/8 polyester double braid and practice away. It is cheap, so it is easy to experiment with lengths.

All the knots work well, but I ( and many climbers) prefer the French prussic and all its variations and names over the distel or Schwabisch, but it is more finicky and length sensitive.

http://community-2.webtv.net/acutabovetree/AdvancedProgressive/

That site is cool as a reference but mighty stale. BTW, what happened to www.arborists.com? that was a good forum back in the day.

My zubat is 5 months old and has been used for dead wood on live oaks almost exclusively.

Time to get a new one but when you are preparing to move 6000+ miles away, I am thinking I can wait a month to get one instead of packing even more stuff. I am leaving a bunch of other gear and using it as an excuse to upgrade several smaller items instead of packing them.

Moving, what a PITA. Not to mention selling or giving away most of what I own. It is almost like I am dead, friends and family claiming what they want. :eek:

Off to NYC for the rest of the weekend.

Friends help friends move. Real friends help friends move bodies.
:eek:

Back