Silver Maple removal

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BackYardBuilt

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I am going to cut down a Silver Maple that is in my front yard because it has roots coming above ground everywhere. I have already ruined one lawn mover engine and bent two blades on another. I spent 3 weekend digging and pulling up all of the roots my self with and axe, shovel, tow rope, truck and a pick axe. About 2 months later the damn things just sent more roots above ground and they seemed to be even bigger than the ones I pulled out!!!!:dizzy::cry::mad: So the tree has to go because of these nasty roots.

I have read that if you immediately drill several deep holes into the trunk after cutting it down and pour certain chemicals into it, that the trunk will break up in time. Is there much truth to this? What kind of chemicals will do the trick if this is so.

I have a couple gallons of Jet-1A fuel in my garage. Would that work? Jet A is just very clean diesel fuel.

I am so tight on money that I cannot afford to rent a stump grinder. I am doing the tree myself as well to save some $$$$.

It is too far from the house to benefit blocking any sunlight. And if I were to Mulch the area with the roots, it would take up and area about the size of 5 dump trucks. Seriously these roots run EVERYWHERE!

I can't find the video...

yeah sorry I tried uploading it but photobucket is acting up. I have uploaded it two more times and it won't play. I dunno what is wrong. It was just a vid of how bad the roots are and the size of the tree.

Latest posts

Back