Simington 450 Chain grinder

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oldsawnut

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Hey guys I got this grinder in a package deal and was going to sell it. Does anyone know if they are any good. I was going to ask 150 for it. Too high? Too low? It sits about 4ft tall and the motor is a dayton 1725rpm 5.7 amp split phase. The guy I got it from said you just spin it in the direction you want it to go it then turn it on. Anyway I have a couple of stupid proof little grinders that do me well so no need for this one. Also has the large diameter stones that cost a lot more. It has a chisel stone on it now and I use round so not sure if I want to buy a new stone if I don't end up liking it.

Last edited:
I'll take it for $150 , PM sent with phone #, to make arrangements...

been dying to find an old square grinder like this. Please call soon as possible.

Hey guys I got this grinder in a package deal and was going to sell it. Does anyone know if they are any good. I was going to ask 150 for it. Too high? Too low? It sits about 4ft tall and the motor is a dayton 1725rpm 5.7 amp split phase. The guy I got it from said you just spin it in the direction you want it to go it then turn it on. Anyway I have a couple of stupid proof little grinders that do me well so no need for this one. Also has the large diameter stones that cost a lot more. It has a chisel stone on it now and I use round so not sure if I want to buy a new stone if I don't end up liking it.

Last edited:
I am in Washington State and this thing is rather large so I'm not sure shipping would be too feasable unless I could remove it from the stand but it would still be pretty heavy. I will take a look at it in the morning.

many thanks... SOLD... paypal has been sent.

I'm sooo... overjoyed at finally scoring a square chain grinder!!!!

thank YOU!

Last edited:
Back