Simonized 385 to Canada?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Freakingstang said:
Thanks for the offer, but I'm using a dished piston from a Ford. It will help lower the compression enough for my twin turbo setup.... :laugh:
looking forward to meeting you guys, too. I just think I have to many saws to bring.....

I'll have to bring the stock 066 with a dual port muff, can even bring the single port cover for real comparisons.....

and the 2186....

and I need to try my "Freaky" 372 out against a few others

and a little "freaky" dolmar if I can get it together in time.

And I have a 365 that I have a hand at that I would like to compare to a stock 372 if anyone has one kicking around......

Of coarse, I need to figure out how to sharpen a real chain before the event.....
I can send a 372 to run against yours. Who we be there?

Simonizer said:
I can send a 372 to run against yours. Who we be there?
Simon, if you'd like you could get some exposure for your saws by advertising them on my sponsered forum at Hotsaw.com
The Canadians could use a good saw builder and I think you could fill that bill.
Rick

HELSEL said:
Simon, if you'd like you could get some exposure for your saws by advertising them on my sponsered forum at Hotsaw.com
The Canadians could use a good saw builder and I think you could fill that bill.
Rick
Rick, please don't, I don't know exactly how full of BS he is but I really don't care for his tone, if he becomes famous it will bring shame onto our province, kind of like Nickelback did. Thanks, Jim

HELSEL said:
Rick
Thanks Rick but I am busy enough. If I ever decided to make modified saws my living, I would indeed take you up on this. I work for a large dealer and get paid regardless of saw sales. I do spend most of my weeks modifying saws but am not pressured to take short-cuts or ramp-up production. I get pleasure out of competing with the Walkers and other saw builders. I have been roasted about this before, but I will say it again, I don't need money, it is not about money, sales, etc. I like to be known for building bullet-proof, strong running and reliable machinery. Cheers Buddy.

clearance said:
Rick, please don't, I don't know exactly how full of BS he is but I really don't care for his tone, if he becomes famous it will bring shame onto our province, kind of like Nickelback did. Thanks, Jim
Jim, phone me at work tomorrow.(250) 287-9231. I will be there at 8:00. I agree Nickelback are terrible. I will see how much you know about saws after we talk. Later.

Simonizer said:
Jim, phone me at work tomorrow.(250) 287-9231. I will be there at 8:00. I agree Nickelback are terrible. I will see how much you know about saws after we talk. Later.
Don't know that much about saws, just know the ones I like and how to use them, I'll be sleeping in at that time, kind of lazy this time of year.

There's an idea clearance, give Simon a call and let us know how the conversation went.
I think we should give him a chance. Maybe I'll even give him a call tomorrow.
Rick

HELSEL said:
There's an idea clearance, give Simon a call and let us know how the conversation went.
I think we should give him a chance. Maybe I'll even give him a call tomorrow.
Rick

Rick

If you would? ask him who the saws went to in Calf. As he seemes to avoid the issue, but I have relation there if he happens to do some name dropping.

Thanks in advance Rick!

Kevin

ShoerFast said:
Rick

If you would? ask him who the saws went to in Calf. As he seemes to avoid the issue, but I have relation there if he happens to do some name dropping.

Thanks in advance Rick!

Kevin

Good idea. He never would give you or I a straight answer so maybe Rick will have better luck.

ShoerFast said:
Rick

Thanks in advance Rick!

Kevin

Don't forget Kevin.....I live in Chico, 30 miles away from Red Bluff. I've worked for all the falling contractors around this area. I'd bet money I know who these guys are. Yeah Rick, ask Simon who has his saws down this way.

Dennis Cahoon said:
Don't forget Kevin.....I live in Chico, 30 miles away from Red Bluff. I've worked for all the falling contractors around this area. I'd bet money I know who these guys are. Yeah Rick, ask Simon who has his saws down this way.
Simon couldn't be anymore of a BSer than the last Canadian sponsor you mopped the floor with Dennis, so it should be an interesting conversation.
If Simon tells me be dead lifts more than 700 lbs, I'll terminate the conversation right then and there.
I really do hope Simon is the Real McCoy since so far Gypo is the only normal Canadian on this site.:dizzy:
Rick

L-Enterprises said:
"a modded 385 should run with a stock 066. Simon's saw IMO should have been compared with a stock 385 to see what the difference is."
Best statement in the whole tread. Eric , are you sitting in Simons lap now ?

NOPE not sitting in anyone lap but if stating the truth is being a lap dog then so be it. I guess the truth hurts hey? I agree a stock 385 would have been the best thing to use for comparison unfortuanly i don't have one so i chose to use the 066 sense i had ran it against other HOT 385's. Do you have your head up muscleman's so far you can't see my point?
Just goes to show you just about anyone can build a good woods saw some just like to think their better than everyone else. The proof is in the puddin and i posted the puddin.

bwalker said:
Would be the first time he sat in someones lap. I can think of three other occasions myself....:clap: :givebeer:

As for you oil slick don't you have some fish to clean or a boat to clean for your you daddy or do you need to read a book on how too??
Hold on........ Flat washer Rich just IM'ed me he says to tell you he needs some help with his log :hmm3grin2orange: now get going BOY take your regurgating self and get off my back! Mr. I know everything but have never did anything your self:)
BTW I hope the power lifting bragger doesnt flex ,you're head will pop like a big zit

Dennis Cahoon said:

Dennis

All of my relation come from Minnesota, maybe you know them also?

It would be nice to hear more input to all the hype we have heard from people we know!

Maybe it's just me, but I'm just not convenced that the 066 was as lean as it could run, it sounded lame / cold,,,,,as if a 385 with a little clean-up on the ports , CR raised, timming bumped and a few holes in the muffler could hang with it? ,,,,,, but like you said ,,,, anyone could build a woods saw!

Kevin

ShoerFast said:
Dennis

All of my relation come from Minnesota, maybe you know them also?

It would be nice to hear more input to all the hype we have heard from people we know!

Maybe it's just me, but I'm just not convenced that the 066 was as lean as it could run, it sounded lame / cold,,,,,as if a 385 with a little clean-up on the ports , CR raised, timming bumped and a few holes in the muffler could hang with it? ,,,,,, but like you said ,,,, anyone could build a woods saw!

Kevin
Ign. timing remains the same, although it is an earlier model coil without the rev limiter. "A little clean-up on the ports,.." ha ha.

Simonizer said:
Ign. timing remains the same, although it is an earlier model coil without the rev limiter. "A little clean-up on the ports,.." ha ha.

Simon

If I may? A good test of just woods saws would be to select a Stihl model, we each mod one, your version to yours, and my best guess to mine, using input from the AS members,,,, I will SWAG it so to speak,,,, and meet at a GTG and race? I wouldn't have any reason to build it as a race saw, and you wouldn't have any reason to do other then your mod to yours. Just a friendly race?

We would need to set a price for the saw, and the winners saw could be calmed for the set price?

My choice is flexible, as an 260 361 440 460 or a 660 are all good !

Kevin

ShoerFast said:
Simon

If I may? A good test of just woods saws would be to select a Stihl model, we each mod one, your version to yours, and my best guess to mine, using input from the AS members,,,, I will SWAG it so to speak,,,, and meet at a GTG and race? I wouldn't have any reason to build it as a race saw, and you wouldn't have any reason to do other then your mod to yours. Just a friendly race?

We would need to set a price for the saw, and the winners saw could be calmed for the set price?

My choice is flexible, as an 260 361 440 460 or a 660 are all good !

Kevin
Where is the GTG? How about a 460?. I would have to send it there. Must leave for work, later.

As for you oil slick don't you have some fish to clean or a boat to clean for your you daddy or do you need to read a book on how too??
Hold on........ Flat washer Rich just IM'ed me he says to tell you he needs some help with his log now get going BOY take your regurgating self and get off my back! Mr. I know everything but have never did anything your self
Eric, your pathetic attempt at a dig is so feeble it doesnt merit discussion.
BTW How is Dozer Dudly doing?
And once again, you have no right calling anyone a cheerleader , braggert, lap dog, etc. You blew your azz off for years on your "rather fast" Slozer saws that turned out to be turds. Come to think of it you blew your azz off for awhile on a certain 357 built by a canadian and I am not talking about Simon.
What about the 7900 dud that Dave had to"fix". Remember how fast that was? That is untill you went to Johns and a stocker beat it,lol.

bwalker said:
Eric, your pathetic attempt at a dig is so feeble it doesnt merit discussion.
BTW How is Dozer Dudly doing?
And once again, you have no right calling anyone a cheerleader , braggert, lap dog, etc. You blew your azz off for years on your "rather fast" Slozer saws that turned out to be turds. Come to think of it you blew your azz off for awhile on a certain 357 built by a canadian and I am not talking about Simon.
What about the 7900 dud that Dave had to"fix". Remember how fast that was? That is untill you went to Johns and a stocker beat it,lol.
The thread turns acrimonious once again.

Latest posts

Back