Simonized saw on Ebay?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
......or is that the saw Canadiancarguy reworked?
Interesting this looks like a case of
come-at-me-bro.jpeg

Anyway I got a Simons 372 coming in probably middle of next week. I will put some vids up of it if Simonizer would like :msp_biggrin:

Ever think that may be the reason it's for sale. lol Maybe the re-work didn't turn out so well. When you try to take something to the ragged edge it sometimes they don't turn out so well.
I want a saw that will lay the chips out, but want one that will take it all day as well. Some people don't get it that some of these cookie cutter saws wouldn't last half a day the way they are leaned out and pushed to the edge.

What i wanna know is why someone would spend all that money on a new 372 then spend the money on having it ported then sell it 60 days later?????? Sounds like it was not up to par to me! That's the only reason I would sell a $1000+ investment 60 days later

If I've followed a another thread correctly it was a Simonized saw that was purchased and then extensively re-worked by another person, lightning up of rotating assemblies, extensive porting including a lot of transfer work. Possibility the person that worked on it after Simon may have took the grinding a little far. From what I get Simon builds dependable work/falling saws, not saws tweaked to the max to get every last ounce of performance. Saws people can depend on to make a living, not shoot vids cutting 8x8 pieces of basswood. If I see a 15+ percent improvement on the 460 he's doing for us I'll be happy, but I wouldn't be surprised to see more than that.

That 372 was done by me for Bill Weber. The 385 in the vid was done buy the car guy. I have never touched his work, he has never touched mine. Dave Milliken knows the history of the 372's Bill owned.

Im friends with Dave the story with the bill weber saws. Bill went with stihl and traded out his husky lot to Dave for some 460's I had the email but I cannot place it to quote at this time.

What I don't understand is you see the saw and Dave is a nice guy why do people not take the time to simply ask why bill may have gotten rid of it....but alas I answered the question

What i wanna know is why someone would spend all that money on a new 372 then spend the money on having it ported then sell it 60 days later?????? Sounds like it was not up to par to me! That's the only reason I would sell a $1000+ investment 60 days later

1. Someone had several saws, got tight on money and had to let something go. Probably get the best price out of the saw with the least amount of hours.
2. Someone got out of the logging business.
3. Someone dropped a tree on the bosses truck and got their butt canned.
4. Maybe the boss man caught someone sticking his bar into his daughter and shot his azz.
5. The saw was lost in a poker game.
6. The saw was paid for by someone else and payments were not being made.

There is six reasons right there to sell a saw you have money invested into.

Im friends with Dave the story with the bill weber saws. Bill went with stihl and traded out his husky lot to Dave for some 460's I had the email but I cannot place it to quote at this time.

What I don't understand is you see the saw and Dave is a nice guy why do people not take the time to simply ask why bill may have gotten rid of it....but alas I answered the question

Thanks for the rest of the story. I was curious.

Now, why put a green gas cap on a 372? That just looks wrong!

1. Someone had several saws, got tight on money and had to let something go. Probably get the best price out of the saw with the least amount of hours.
2. Someone got out of the logging business.
3. Someone dropped a tree on the bosses truck and got their butt canned.
4. Maybe the boss man caught someone sticking his bar into his daughter and shot his azz.
5. The saw was lost in a poker game.
6. The saw was paid for by someone else and payments were not being made.

There is six reasons right there to sell a saw you have money invested into.

Thats some good reasons...BTW, did ya ever know ole JJ Red####?

Latest posts

Back