Skill mill..and an awesome wife...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ride a custom FLSTF. She is put asleep for the winter and I do miss her. When you get your mill I expect to see a custom paint job and some flames. Send me the first log stop you cut off and I will chrome plate it for you. Good luck.

I considered the Norwood, but the fiddly factor comes back into play...oldsaw says something about pieces/parts..yeah..erector set was not my favorite toy..legos on the other hand...so i have ADD..sue me..i medicate with beer..:)

Here's how tough it is.... If you can't handle it, i'm sure your wife is more than capable enough to get the job done properly... lol

http://www.norwoodindustries.com/townhall/viewtopic.php?t=1636

Rob

I ride a custom FLSTF. She is put asleep for the winter and I do miss her. When you get your mill I expect to see a custom paint job and some flames. Send me the first log stop you cut off and I will chrome plate it for you. Good luck.

yeah..where you are at....Harley kwit makin' snow chains in the 50's..

mine almost never sleeps...rode in this morning @ 17 degrees..50 miles..snowmobile suits rock.

nahh...when i saw a stop off i'll powder coat it in heavy metalflake...or paint it chameleon and mount it on a 40" oak slab...:censored: :givebeer:

Here's how tough it is.... If you can't handle it, i'm sure your wife is more than capable enough to get the job done properly... lol

http://www.norwoodindustries.com/townhall/viewtopic.php?t=1636

Rob

Hoser. LOL

thing is, she can...she's one smart cookie.

i'm not knocking the Norwood, in fact, I have alot of respect for the company..that log arch rocks..I have read all their literature and watched the vids and looked at mills...I simply prefer the 'mizer...i'm not saying it's better,
i'm just saying I like it better...

besides..it's all orange and i'm a Tennesee fan...Go Vols!:clap:

Orange??? What color are the Lumbermates then?

Anyway, the LT15 is a pretty good saw now that they have reworked it some... It would be my second choise if i couldn't get a LM...

It's more money and has a smaller capacity than a LM... and i won't buy something, just for the name... So that leaves me out...

At least you got that skillmill out of your system! lol

Rob

...wifeys big thing was, she wants to learn how to run it, and she can't deal with the weight of handling a ripsaw...she can damn sure roll a log with a cant hook tho'....
Zopi, the little Ripsaw and any of the Norwoods or LT bandmills aren't even in the same ballpark. If I had the room, as I've said many times here, I'd still own a Ripsaw for those times when I really needed ultimate portability, but I'd buy me a full blown bandmill in a heartbeat. I happen to still live in the burbs though, and simply woudn't have a place to even store it let alone fire it up and mill lumber.

Congrats on your bandmill decision.. hope it pans out. Can't wait for pics and updated from you, as you don't seem too shy with the keyboard <smile>

Zopi, I live where the snow fall is measured in ' not ". Even when it warms in the winter the salt and sand on the road is measured in " not u”. The Harley is put to sleep and the snowmobiles come out. My family of five have sleds and we make the best of it. We do (the bike and I) miss living in KY though.

Power coat - no! no! no!

Send the slab to, I plate that as well.

Have fun with the new mill.

Band mill is a good choice, I would rather have a lucas or a MD, but for the money band is the way to go. You might look into the

Timberking 1220. They are offering free trucking to Indiana right now. That is a little closer than driving to MO.

Last edited:
Orange??? What color are the Lumbermates then?

Anyway, the LT15 is a pretty good saw now that they have reworked it some... It would be my second choise if i couldn't get a LM...

It's more money and has a smaller capacity than a LM... and i won't buy something, just for the name... So that leaves me out...

At least you got that skillmill out of your system! lol

Rob

yeah...but the 'mizer is >all< orange...<G>

yeah..I got the skillmill out of my system I still like the little bugger tho'...

I think I'll be tickled pink (orange?) with the LT...besides it's what wifey wants...there's story there...

I was out bucking and loading the cypress this afternoon, and she showed up
with the rugratz in tow and started rolling logz up on the trailer...I was just cutting 6-7 ft shorts out of the little crap on the ground..so we loaded and she started counting logs..trotted back to the house and came out in a few minutes spouting about three different log rules and how many bd feet were in what we had...I think i may have created a monster...oh well, I can live with that:greenchainsaw:

the cavalry is coming tomorrow...my buddy plays with saws too..he's gonna come out and play in the twigs with me, we'll load up some 12 footers and lug home...good thing cypress is light...

Zopi, the little Ripsaw and any of the Norwoods or LT bandmills aren't even in the same ballpark. If I had the room, as I've said many times here, I'd still own a Ripsaw for those times when I really needed ultimate portability, but I'd buy me a full blown bandmill in a heartbeat. I happen to still live in the burbs though, and simply woudn't have a place to even store it let alone fire it up and mill lumber.

Congrats on your bandmill decision.. hope it pans out. Can't wait for pics and updated from you, as you don't seem too shy with the keyboard <smile>

yeah, I tend to babble...i think it will work out ok...I did not intend to get this far into what is really a hobby, but, given the amount of lumber i will need
in the next few years, it is going to work out ok as far as $$$ and sense goes.

heh...i've already been offered a milling job in the spring...buddy of mine has horses and woods, ie he wants trails cleared and needs lumber...s'ok by me,
i'll take lumber and firewood (and :givebeer: ) for sawing...he said he has
a holly out there a foot and a half in diameter he wants gone..I told him not to touch it, i'll be right there! Had some a few years back for turning...it's nice for inlay and marquetry too...

you meet the nicest people in a sawmill...

..trotted back to the house and came out in a few minutes spouting about three different log rules and how many bd feet were in what we had...I think i may have created a monster...

<big smile>... like I said before... careful what ya wish for!!

<big smile>... like I said before... careful what ya wish for!!

The family that plays together, stays together.....

she's pretty versatile...she can go from rolling logs to screeching at the Rugratz(tm) for end sealing logs in their good clothes...(oops..) in the blink of an eye...I caught is for that one... that's a good project for a linoleum lizard...they can play in the paint and is doesn't matter what they get it on..
they are also mighty painters of chicken coops!

Latest posts

Back