Sledrat's Greasey Lil Chainsaw thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And you run 20:1 in modern saws? Dino or synthetic?

You still didn't answer my question about where the carbon goes and if it plugs the spark screens. I'm not bagging on you but I'm really curious about this.

I'm probably not the only guy wondering about it, either.

It might help you some to try em.

Why ? The seafoam diet not good enough for you ? It keep's the brown from building up on his eye's and the taste out of his mouth. Extensive research with sledrat has shown squirt some water in a saw run it 20:1 and drinking seafoam will keep your saws running great.

I gotta get in on this one before it gets locked. And the rat gets sent back to camp.:msp_ohmy:

I never fails to amaze me how a feller can be so dumb and still be able to breathe. You'd figure the brain wouldn't function well enough to allow that....... :msp_sad:

I never fails to amaze me how a feller can be so dumb and still be able to breathe. You'd figure the brain wouldn't function well enough to allow that....... :msp_sad:

From what I've learned through science it takes a minimum IQ of 65 to function. We may have seen an evolutionary trait that voids this rule. That or he's flirting with the 65 mark pretty closely.

Mastermind...

Since Sledrat won't answer my question, maybe you can. We need some accurate information here before the newbies all start running 20:1 in their modern saws.

Decarbonising a running saw...where does the carbon go and in what form? And what is that Mercury stuff anyway? What about the water trick? I've heard of these things but I've never actually known anybody who did them.

Have you ever seen anybody do it?

Since Sledrat won't answer my question, maybe you can. We need some accurate information here before the newbies all start running 20: in their modern saws.

Decarbonising a running saw...where does the carbon go and in what form? And what is that Mercury stuff anyway? What about the water trick? I've heard of these things but I've never actually known anybody who did them.

Have you ever seen anybody do it?

When I was a kid folks would use a little water to spray into the carb on a car or truck engine to "break the carbon loose". I didn't like the idea than and still don't really buy it.

On a two stroke..........no freaking way would I introduce water into the engine.

I'm far from an expert on anything though.........................

When I was a kid folks would use a little water to spray into the carb on a car or truck engine to "break the carbon loose". I didn't like the idea than and still don't really buy it.

On a two stroke..........no freaking way would I introduce water into the engine.

I'm far from an expert on anything though.........................

I agree. I'll add my expierence here remember I'm just a dumb boy. From what I've seen yes water will break loose but it attatches itself to the water vapor and as it cools sits in the exhaust port causing a large build up there. Oddly enough I'm replacing a top end on a 61 that was carbon scored. When the carbon/water vapors cool they become too heavy to be blown out, they settle dry up in the port itself causing the saw to run hotter. The seafoam/mecury foam work in INJECTION engines. And I'm sure since sledrat works on these he knows there's a huge difference between the two. But hey I'm just a dumb boy.

Do you do drugs SledRat? :msp_unsure:

Hey now, drugs get an undeserved bad rap due to making people act irrational. :dizzy:

The thing is, drugs wear off and a person will become normal again. :clap:

When someone appears to be under the influence of drugs and aren't, folks there is no cure for that. :potstir:

Obviously it's called multitasking.:msp_wink:

Latest posts

Back