Sledrat's Greasey Lil Chainsaw thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
stop giving out bad information that will only result in newbie's burning out good saws.

i think it's time that you p*ss off and leave this site a loan!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah, he's just putting on a show for us. Big cahones on the internet. Wouldn't bust a grape in a fruit fight in real life. I'm really enjoying his contribution to the forum.

I also think it might be Lambert, or another unsavory character back to haunt us. Pretty dang funny really when you think how hard it must be to type like that on pURposisE.

Huh. Well, at least now we all know where Fred Sanford's saw collection wound up. The real malfeasance lies in Lamont being perniciously shafted out of the scrap value, what a tragedy.

Hay sled rat your a d*ck, stop giving out bad information that will only result in newbie's burning out good saws.

i think it's time that you p*ss off and leave this site a loan!!!!

WHat the hell did i do???
I gave good advise FFS! lol

20:1 is a mix it will not mess your saw it will smoke and get more oil....
FFS
sheesh if you got the new fancy over priced oils which i really hate use 50:1
or 40:1 then,,
Heres what happened to my friend
got some of that low ash crap oil the most exspensive stuff on the market
mixed up a batch ,,he seized up his jiffy ice auger within three holes DRILLED!

he brought me the auger i Got it unstuct with penetrating oil luckly..Still sounds a lil funny
think a crank bearing is on its way out i think but might be a lil paranoid !
Cause of it.. And thAT WAS A BRAND NEW Jiffy!
SO i Dumped that crap out of his tank and mixed up some good old esso two stroke oil ,,
IT ran again like a champ...He drilled lots this year with out a glitch and yep she smokes a lil and yep theres some oil residue dripping from the exhaust port! SO WHAT!!!
THATS ALL FINE BY ME!!
At least its not seized and running not good but EXCELLENT..
So anyways i USE Good old two stroke oil a brand name that has been around for years,,,
is what to use.,, i like normal esso 2cycle

Just buggin ya

Last edited:
What'd you do ? About every post you've made has be an insult or stab at someone on this site.

Nope you yapped yer mouth at me first
BEFORE YOU EVEN KNEW ME...
.LIKE I SAID YOUR A WHISTLE BLOWER
KEEP oN BLOWING THAT WHISTLE
YOU MOD BROWN NOSing WHISTLE BLOWER..You..

Last edited:
What'd you do ? About every post you've made has be an insult or stab at someone on this site.

LOOK WHOS TALKING SHEESH lol

all i did before getting pushed was be nice
BUT NOPE SOME WHISTLE BLOWER MODERATOR WANNA BE
Has to YAP;..

YA i DONT LIKE RULES but i doo Follow em as best as i can,,

LIKE IT OR LUMP IT if i Have hurt your internet feelings well booh who
GET THICKER Skinned BUD,,,DONT DWELL ON IT..

Last edited:
Probably time for this...

HBRN003.jpg

Just like Exxon, new name but the same old gas.

I've never insulted this site or its mod's. I've insulted you but only because your ignorance insults the people who read this forum.

NOPE NEVER INSULTED ANYONe for no reason
BOO WHO WAA WAA WAA

I might be getting myself in trouble here, but in a way I can identify with Rat. In that I like to collect saws no matter the condition and no matter that they come from the scrap yard. Most of them are probably only good for scrap and nothing else but it just bothers me that they get thrown away when they still have some purpose, however small it may be. I'm probably too sentimental about chainsaws but that's the way I am. I used to mix everything at 20:1 and run it figuring the extra oil won't hurt. But now I figure the manufacturer had a specific reason for the ratio they say to use. So I mix per the insructions. Can I run 50:1 in a 40:1 saw and have no problems? Probably, given the higher quality of todays oils versus even a few years ago. But I believe in running what the manufacturer says to run. Will I run a water mist through my engines? No. I'm not saying Rat is right, but if he wants to do that then good luck. I just recently joined AS a few weeks ago but, in the past, if I wanted to learn something about chainsaws I would google it. And guess what always came up, a reference to a thread thread from here. I read enough to get as many different opinions as I could get and then made my own decision. I believe that everyone has the intelligence to that. Especially new beginners. My only mistake was not joining this website years ago because I felt ashamed of going to the junk yard and picking up saws before they were melted down. You know the stuff, the ones where the piston and cylinder became so corroded that you couldn't tell which was which. But eventually I would get enough that I could combine several into one good runner. That's the only way I can do it, besides getting the occasional deal on craigslist, 20 or 30 dollars at a time. So that's the way I will continue to get saws and that's probably where Rat gets his from too, so in a way I'm not a whole lot different than him. Other than I can communicate better than him. Thanks for listening to me guys (and gals),I really have a good time whenever I'm on here.
Steve

Back