Slowp is retiring

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have a wonderful time doing all the things everybody dreams about doing when they can finally take the time. If you ever are in need of some midwest hospitality post a thread and I will show you around.

Sincerely Dave

Soon you will not understand how you ever had time to go build a paycheck.

Enjoy.

Have a wonderful time doing all the things everybody dreams about doing when they can finally take the time. If you ever are in need of some midwest hospitality post a thread and I will show you around.

Sincerely Dave

I lived and worked "up north" next to the UP for a couple of years. I thought I'd be retiring there. It wasn't such a bad thing. Very good people and neighbors. Very friendly. Lots to do. I even got to put on a cheesehead hat at the town Packer Bar. :clap: My Seahawks drinking glass was turned upside down every Monday morning during football season.

But this is home and a job came up here so I took it. Boy, did I feel guilty!

I often think about another road trip east, with kayak to Chequamegon Bay. We need to shrink Montana and N. Dakota!

Congrats on your retirement Patty!! :msp_thumbsup:

Don't shrink Montana though. . . We need all this room for more wolves. :laugh:

Congratulations Madame P. Have many many many good and healthy years to come.

Netisivu_kuva_kortti.gif

I just don't get it, how come a person 25 years old have a change to retire in America????

I lived and worked "up north" next to the UP for a couple of years. I thought I'd be retiring there. It wasn't such a bad thing. Very good people and neighbors. Very friendly. Lots to do. I even got to put on a cheesehead hat at the town Packer Bar. :clap: My Seahawks drinking glass was turned upside down every Monday morning during football season.

But this is home and a job came up here so I took it. Boy, did I feel guilty!

I often think about another road trip east, with kayak to Chequamegon Bay. We need to shrink Montana and N. Dakota!

Congrats on making it to the finish line !
When you were in the UP did you ever get to Drummond Island, just over the Mac Bridge near Detour ? My family ran a mill there starting way before WW1 and that was where I got my first taste of woods work . Still have some small bits of property there but all the good stuff is gone .

Welcome to the Wonderful World of RE TIRE MENT sweets.
Now you'll have the time to sitz, maybe do the other things, but stihl continue to break b_lls. Like discussing GOL or boring :dizzy:

Smell the flowers girl, you deserve it.:rock:

Patty, retirement should not be in the vocabulary. To rest is to rust! Lol
Keep the wheels turnin'.
John

Not to worry. I've been burning, cutting firewood, and looking at the mess that I bought. There's some thinning to do and a lot of cleanup. But, I can come in out of the deluge when I want. That's nice.

Then, when the gate gets open and the weather gets a bit nicer, there's kayaking to be had.

Under prodding from here, I signed up for a Game of Logging course in the fall. But I just found out they don't give hats away. ;)

Not to worry. I've been burning, cutting firewood, and looking at the mess that I bought. There's some thinning to do and a lot of cleanup. But, I can come in out of the deluge when I want. That's nice.

Then, when the gate gets open and the weather gets a bit nicer, there's kayaking to be had.

Under prodding from here, I signed up for a Game of Logging course in the fall. But I just found out they don't give hats away. ;)
Patty, they say you cant have too many tickets under you belt, sometimes I think I've forgotten more then I've learned. This job I'm on now is over the top cool. I need a hat too, I got this stupid pecker bill, but it does the job, even though I closed the gate after the horses got out. Never a dull moment. The wood here is at least 250 years old at 16" DBH. Talk about ultra fine grain.
If we knew we were gonna live this long, we would have taken better care of ourselves. Lol Just say no to GOL plunge cuts.
John

Latest posts

Back