• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Small bar or in-tree saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, the deed is done. First I bought a Cobalt 40volt 12" battery powered saw. I couldn't beat the price and here's why I bought it, before everyone asks why. I want to get my son more in to cutting wood with me and doing a little bit more of the fun stuff than hauling and loading. I did a lot of research and these little battery saws are great for ladies or kids (with some training and supervision of course). My son is 12, and a pretty big 12 yr old too. These little saws are light and forgiving, and stop the second you let off the trigger. He had a blast with it cleaning up ice-storm damage. Does it suffice for a real saw? Of course not, but it'll be great to throw in the Jeep or van to go camping, and we can cut wood silently near campsites. Also, no premix or smell in the camper.
Second, I went ahead and bought a 192T yesterday. I went with a new one. I got one for $295 brand new with a 14" bar. I don't think I could beat that anywhere. Thanks for the help and offers everyone but I should be fixed for awhile now.

Here's a Youtube vid of my kid in action. This was his first minute or two with the saw so it jumping around and all is just him getting used to setting it in wood. It actually does a pretty dang good job.

Back