Small drying shed.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dustytools

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
View attachment 56637

View attachment 56638

View attachment 56640

View attachment 56641Here is what I spent yesterday and this morning building. Ive been wanting to do this for a while now but havent had the time. Its 10' long x 7'-6" wide. Its made from Cedar that I took from right here on the farm with a canopy tarp for the roof which I salvaged from a recent demo job. I guess it is my first project that I have built with wood that I milled myself.

Good Job

Nice looking shed..What kind of tarp is that? It looks pretty heavy duty.

Nice looking wood there, dusty. Tried to rep ya but all out of bullets.:rock:

Be really nice after you get time to fill er up with some more of that cedar.

Last edited:
Nice looking wood there, dusty. Tried to rep ya but all out of bullets.:rock:

Be really nice after you get time to fill er up with some more of that cedar.

Yep, I told the wife tonight that my next mission was gonna be to fill it up with wood. Haywire Haywood has an Oak that were gonna tackle as soon as time permits.

Simple and clean, effective, efficient, can't get much better than that, really love the log posts.:rock:

Nice job. Love working with redcedar. Bet the area smells good ever time you get near it. My mouth waters though for all that nice redcedar. It's hard to get it that wide and clear here.

Do you get much snow down there? I had a thick plastic tarp covering a structure similar to that years ago, and even though I had minor support holding it up, 6 inches of heavy wet snow was too much for it and it caved in. The structure though looks super solid. Plenty enough to support tons of wood drying. Good job.

That oak log we're going to hack on is 31' long, 28" diameter on the fat end and 19" on the skinny end. The first 2 10' logs should be clear or pretty close to it, no limbs for about 20' from the base.

Ian

Nice job. Love working with redcedar. Bet the area smells good ever time you get near it. My mouth waters though for all that nice redcedar. It's hard to get it that wide and clear here.

Do you get much snow down there? I had a thick plastic tarp covering a structure similar to that years ago, and even though I had minor support holding it up, 6 inches of heavy wet snow was too much for it and it caved in. The structure though looks super solid. Plenty enough to support tons of wood drying. Good job.

Snow load is gonna be my biggest concern with the roof. Ive only got 3" of slope each way from center. Ive got some galvalume roofing material coming this fall that will end up as the final roofing material. Ive also considered adding some more rafters in the roof framing to beef it up a bit cause I kinda like the look of the canopy material. Ive been told by the powers that be that this little shed will be converted into a garden shed once we get the barn built. Thanks for the compliments everyone.

Last edited:
Your portion? What you mill you are required to take with you. :hmm3grin2orange: What you don't mill I will be hacking up for firewood. If you want it all, well we can do that too :). I have a couple small cedar logs out there too that I will try the 041 on with the small alaskan. I'm more interested in the cedar than the oak.

Ian

Last edited:
Your portion? What you mill you are required to take with you. :hmm3grin2orange: What you don't mill I will be hacking up for firewood. If you want it all, well we can do that too :). I have a couple small cedar logs out there too that I will try the 041 on with the small alaskan. I'm more interested in the cedar than the oak.

Ian

WOW! You cant beat a deal like that. I think that we can figure out a way to get as little firewood as possible out of the oak.:)

Back