• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Small Generator

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I tell you guys right now. I've owned so many of honda's invertor's but I also own a Honeywell I won't get rid of. I got 2 free from a dealer cause they wouldn't run. I asked the dealer what they were gonna do with them and they were happy to give them to me. They told me that they absolutely would not run again. Another bit of proof that a lot of dealers don't know as much as people think. I got it running on prime and it ran good but was a ***** to start. I plugged off that little EGR type thing in the muffler and closed off the air screw a tad and the thing runs great ,starts easy. just as quiet and I think more fuel efficient. It also produces 2000 rated watts while the Honda is 2000 peak watts with 1600 rated watts. For the money they cost new you can buy 4 before you approach the cost of the Honda. Don't get me wrong cause I still love my honda's but I have had less problems with the Honeywell then the honda's. Can't bridge the honeywells either but most only need one. I sold one of those honeywells to my neighbour during a power outage for $300. He's been happier then a pig in **** with it.

One thing I should add though is if a guy think Honda's are a PITA to work on he should stay away from the honeywells LOL

i am not brand biased...i think the honda is probably the best but dont own one and probably never will. currently have a 4w ETQ ( i think...chinese clone blue in color), a 3500w no name chinese clone, and one of those $100 chinese 2 stroke ones from rural king.

I tell you guys right now. I've owned so many of honda's invertor's but I also own a Honeywell I won't get rid of. I got 2 free from a dealer cause they wouldn't run. I asked the dealer what they were gonna do with them and they were happy to give them to me. They told me that they absolutely would not run again. Another bit of proof that a lot of dealers don't know as much as people think. I got it running on prime and it ran good but was a ***** to start. I plugged off that little EGR type thing in the muffler and closed off the air screw a tad and the thing runs great ,starts easy. just as quiet and I think more fuel efficient. It also produces 2000 rated watts while the Honda is 2000 peak watts with 1600 rated watts. For the money they cost new you can buy 4 before you approach the cost of the Honda. Don't get me wrong cause I still love my honda's but I have had less problems with the Honeywell then the honda's. Can't bridge the honeywells either but most only need one. I sold one of those honeywells to my neighbour during a power outage for $300. He's been happier then a pig in **** with it.

The Hondas are rated at 2000W sustained for 30 minutes, 1600W indefinitely. They're also fairly popular among RVers because 2 of them in parallel can start and run a standard st13.5k BTU RV air conditioner but they only weigh about 50 lbs each. Most of the larger inverter generators capable of reliably starting that size A/C unit especially at high altitudes weigh over 100 lbs.

$300 for a 2000W Generac or Honeywell in good condition with known history would be a pretty good deal.

Latest posts

Back