small mill

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

badcars2

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
hey peeps, will an 041 run a small mill, up to say 20". i have come into some pretty white oak and am looking at an outdoor bar and deck project. really you have to have it around the kids pool dont you, dad needs some entertainment too.
again just the ravings of a lunatic..............

041 For Saw Mill

badcars2----Find yourself a decent older running Mac 610..lots of them around, plenty of new & used parts & will run your mill just fine...BILL

Look for older monster saws like Stihl 070, 076, 084, or 090's for milling. As I've said before milling is all about torque.

Other equilivant sizes for other brands will work also like husky 3120 or older homelite 2100.

As I have said many times on here... I have milled 30" oak with a 60cc saw. It worked, but it was no fun. Sure it will mill, but it will take all day, because you have to take it slow and easy or it's real hard on that saw. I mill with a 395XP now, and its pure fun. Like he said, torque... gotta keep that long chain moving through all that wood or it gets real old real quick. Do a search on milling, and you will find lots of good advice on the subject here.

Back