Smoking

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
woodchux said:
I think that if the #s were crunched and we could identify how much cancer is attributed to power lines. The family members of the Dead and dieing Would seem to have a valid point to Ban Electricity (using Anti-smoking NAZI reasoning) How far you gonna go to protect the 'innocent'?
Speculation is not worth much. If you come up with a credible source that links cancer to power lines even a 1/4 as closely as it has been linked to ciggs, then you will have a point. Again, what is your alternative to electricity?

Husky372 said:
Yup it sure is when dont care if anyone smokes in there own home or car but everywhere else it isn't. Then your infringing on my right to do something perfectly legal. If you or anyone else dont like the smell move up wind.

If I am at someones place and they dont want me to smoke fine I will go outside. I dont leave my butts on there ground. And I respect your right as prop owner to your ideals. But I will be damned if I will stop smoking in free air space so to speak.
Well, I can respect that. I mistakenly thought you were insisting on smoking in public.

spacemule said:
This isn't about me getting something. It's about every person in our society getting something, not just one in five while taking away from everyone else. And, btw, no one is wanting to ban smoking, just keep it to your damned self. Is the legitimacy of this simple idea so hard to comprehend?
Nicely said, Space. It doesn't need to be any more complicated than that.

spacemule said:
Well, I can respect that. I mistakenly thought you were insisting on smoking in public.
When it was legal to smoke in resteruants and such I did. But it isn't any more so I dont. Never have in peoples cars or homes that didn't want me to. Also always ask mind if I smoke.

As for power line thing. My wife is a cancer nurse (25 years) and she will not buy house or property on power lines.

I like my electricity, and I am willing to trade off on the negative effects it might create.
Same with my freedom, I am willing to trade off some of the negative effects of a free society (2nd hand smoke etc.) It's worth the price for freedom.
BTW I haven't smoked in 20 yrs.

woodchux said:
I like my electricity, and I am willing to trade off on the negative effects it might create.
Same with my freedom, I am willing to trade off some of the negative effects of a free society (2nd hand smoke etc.) It's worth the price for freedom.
BTW I haven't smoked in 20 yrs.
I'm curious woodchux, would you support masturbation in public?

seems to me there are a few different types of people on this thread.......

1: smokers

2: ex smokers

3: non smokers

and

4: people , who , becuase they don't like some thing,, every one that does,, is wrong....

sort of like my old neighborhood....people buy a house by the local airport,,,they want to shut the airport down...

people buy a house in the woods,, they want to stop anyone from builing next door...

people buy a house next to the train tracks,, they want the railroad shut down

people buy a house by a farm,, they want the farm shut down

#! goes into a smoking bar
#2 goes into a smoking bar
#3 goes into a smoking bar
#4 goes into a smoking bar,,,and ?????'s the whole time,,,if its that offensive,, he should leave,,,, but no!!! he has to whine the whole time about the smoke...,but it's a smoking bar,,,,they don't have to be there,,, but they won't leave,, for some reason they will stay and ????? all night .....
and try to change what everyone else is happy with.....

by the way,, did i mention my farts smell like roses!!!!!! my new line of biz,,,, perfume " eau de stumps"

woodchux said:
That's a pretty big jump from 2nd hand smoke.
I'm not saying they're equal. I'm asking if, in your view, there are certain "freedoms" that should not be allowed in society.

spacemule said:
I'm not saying they're equal. I'm asking if, in your view, there are certain "freedoms" that should not be allowed in society.

Of course there are limits,

But as far back as i can remember pocket pool in public has always been a no-no.

I am concerned with losing the rights and freedoms that we currently enjoy.

woodchux said:
Of course there are limits,

But as far back as i can remember pocket pool in public has always been a no-no.

I am concerned with losing the rights and freedoms that we currently enjoy.
I see. So, you want the current rules and laws regarding public behavior to remain static, even when everything else changes?

spacemule said:
I see. So, you want the current rules and laws regarding public behavior to remain static, even when everything else changes?

Specifically what changes are you referring to?

Masterbation in public is illegal smoking is legal. I find it funny how you guys jump from smoking to rape child ???? and whatever sick deviant behavior you can think of to justify your position. Something you should take into consideration is that smoking has been legal and going on since the first person saw a tabbaco leave and rolled it into a cig and smoked it. Only in last few years has it gotten such a bad rap. If you are that worried about the effects maybe you should remember that the leaf itself isn't the cuase but the chemicails cig companys put into to make more addictive.

Never said it is right only legal. And has been forever. Untill it is illegal and I still smoke I will do it wherever it is legal to do so. And if anyone in my smoke cloud dont like it they can move up wind or live with it.

Husky372 said:
Masterbation in public is illegal smoking is legal.
Yes, but should it be? I'm sure public masterbaters "get something" from beating their meat in public, and they probably don't think it's sick either. And also, the point could be made that masterbation doesn't cause any harmful health effects to bystanders. :cheers:

I think you are missing the point. If I am legally able to smoke and some putz like you tells me to put it out or go elsewhere. I will tell you in no uncertain terms to kiss my ass. But If I am asked nice (nice is key word here) I may consider moving. But if I am sitting here or standing what have you and you come to where I am and then say would you mind. Hell yes I mind.

Back