Snapped crankshaft

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

numnuts

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
A buddy who does yard work on the side was using his '08 Wild Thing on some Pecan. He said the chain chattered and then it stopped. Motor ran chain did not. It snapped the crank off right at the clutch. I know it isn't the greatest saw, but he really can't afford to buy a new saw. I offered to ask the folks here if someone might have a crank for his saw and I would help him replace it.
BTW, he is not only giving me the wood, but delivering it right to my splitter as well!! This is the least I could do for him.
Anyone?

Good that someone helped this guy instead of making fun of his saw.:clap::clap:

Tried to rep ya ron...tomorrow

Before you go and ship something across the country find out if it is an inboard or outboard clutch. They did change them about that time.

Texas is in this country ???
thot it was part of mexico ??
pictures of that side would be in order i guess..
tnx..

Texas is in this country ???
thot it was part of mexico ??
pictures of that side would be in order i guess..
tnx..

I was having a hard time figuring out where N.H. was on the map of the US, but finally found it with the help of a giant magnifying glass. :biggrinbounce2:

I was having a hard time figuring out where N.H. was on the map of the US, but finally found it with the help of a giant magnifying glass. :biggrinbounce2:

HEY !! not that small of a state,means we have more representatives per person than any other state..thats why we have friendly gun laws,no income tax,no sales tax,no excise tax,and consistantly recognized as one of the best places in the USA to live, and you couldnt find it ????
you dont remember the 13 original colonies from history class in school ??

Good comeback tho !! :cheers:

First of all, it aint my saw. Second, I can handle just about anything folks dish out here and enjoy it.(If you've ever been to the RX7club forum, you know what I mean) Finally, THANKS!
I'll get more info off the saw when I see him.

(NH = magnifying glass :))

SSHHH!! Better keep that secret.

HEY !! not that small of a state,means we have more representatives per person than any other state..thats why we have friendly gun laws,no income tax,no sales tax,no excise tax,and consistantly recognized as one of the best places in the USA to live, and you couldnt find it ????
you dont remember the 13 original colonies from history class in school ??

Good comeback tho !! :cheers:

HMMM! Sounds like you got a little piece of paradise, there. :cheers:

Although, It may be better not to advertise those facts, or everyone will be wanting to move there. :cry:

First of all, it aint my saw. Second, I can handle just about anything folks dish out here and enjoy it.(If you've ever been to the RX7club forum, you know what I mean) Finally, THANKS!
I'll get more info off the saw when I see him.

(NH = magnifying glass :))

Dont forget a picture of the clutch side,with whats left of clutch..
i think i got one you could just drop the P&C on and plastic and go.

Well... I'll be derned!! We were tought that New Hampshire was one of Texas' 49 colonies. :cheers:

Heres a joke for ya..
Texan sitting in a bar bragging about were he from everything so big and in NH everthing so small.
then he tells me he gets in his truck and it takes him all day to drive around his property...
I calmy told him i had a truck like that once too :)

Texas won independance from mexico in 1836..
being it's own nation for awhile was pretty cool also !!

Latest posts

Back