Snellerized 390XP--NOT just a popup!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sw oh logger

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I'm a new member,but an old logger of 35+ yrs. cutting hardwoods in western,southwestern Ohio, eastern Ind. and northern Kentucky. That doesn't make me cool or even an expert,BUT I've cut timber with a lot of saws, mostly Stihls from 041 Supers thru all the 056s, several 084s,several and still 066s and ms 660s. Also, a 3120 and a 394xp, and still with a stock 390xp and now as of 12-1-2014 with a new Snellerized 390xp. This saw has such a sharp throttle response, raspy exhaust,and smooth cutting power that it makes my favorite thing, cutting timber, fun again! No, Brad is not at my elbow prompting me as I type this, however, I will tell you where he is--that is in my book as a strong, honest new friend. I know that a lot of things are said, and even some thoughtless insinuations are made , but when someone tries to build an honest product which helped me cut 20 walnut trees, many of veneer quality and 2 ash trees in only 5.5 hrs. of cutting on about 1.25 gals. of mix which improves my production by close to 40%, then he's got my vote. This was not something I expected--I just wanted a smoother cutting, slightly faster, reliable saw! Did I ever get that, plus a GREAT new friend. Something else to remember, if you get the right person, whoever that is, you can't beat the guarantee that they'll put into making sure that their work pleases you!

I tell you what's better than selling a mod job....that's meeting and getting to know Lyle! Lyle is a fine gentleman that I'm really enjoying getting to know. It's nice to have a guy like this nearby. I'm looking forward to spending some time in the woods with you in the near future!!! Glad you like your new toy, errrr, I mean saw too:rock:

Sweet. Awesome saw. I'm sure it's a good runner. It's nice to have a local guy that knows saws. It's even better if you get the opportunity to meet face to face.

How about a pic of that awesome 390 on the pile of walnut logs?
What a great bunch of positive guys on this site--I see why Brad is so devoted to this forum!! My youngest brother, who I taught the business to, nor I are "smart" phone guys in either sense of the word ! Even though the site seems easy to upload onto, I'll see if I can't get my wife to take some pictures with the some downed trees and the saw, and get my technologically more advanced oldest son to upload for me. By the way, Brad is going to learn how to cut walnut veneer--we just marked 50 more walnuts on a new job yesterday so I'll have him there soon! Thanks again for the positive interest! You're right,Mike, without pictures, it didn't happen!

What a great bunch of positive guys on this site--I see why Brad is so devoted to this forum!! My youngest brother, who I taught the business to, nor I are "smart" phone guys in either sense of the word ! Even though the site seems easy to upload onto, I'll see if I can't get my wife to take some pictures with the some downed trees and the saw, and get my technologically more advanced oldest son to upload for me. By the way, Brad is going to learn how to cut walnut veneer--we just marked 50 more walnuts on a new job yesterday so I'll have him there soon! Thanks again for the positive interest! You're right,Mike, without pictures, it didn't happen!

Lyle Welcome aboard!!!

By the way, Brad is going to learn how to cut walnut veneer--we just marked 50 more walnuts on a new job yesterday so I'll have him there soon!
What? You're going to let me ruin some wood?:surprised3: Seriously, I can't wait to get out there and see your operation. I'll be sure to bring my cameras along with a truck load of saws for you to run.

The 390xp was most probably the saw that made BRAD hurdle the fence and embrace the Husky croud. lt is a model he personaly values highly and advocates it as one of the best value saws on the market even in stock form. It is a great model to port, it sounds like a motocross bike, it has high cc without performing like a 660,880 or 3120. ln short if l could pick any model for Brad to port...the 390xp sits on top. Shortly followed by a ms261 with its strato guts removed.
Not sure why he remove the guts cause it ends up with more guts if that makes any sense.

Latest posts

Back