Snkes.... Arghhhhh

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You good ole Pennsyltucky boys crack me up. I'm hear thinking about commenting on something and bang on of you guys say what I'm thinking. WTH,we must all think alike???????????:cheers:

I should add that I do not handle the woodpile in warm season. I get the wood split/stacked by March end, and don't burn until November. I simply get the heebie-jeebies walking by the stack and seeing upwards of 2 dozen at times, sunning themselves. Now y'all are gonna call me a big sissy huh ? :jawdrop:

I actually get the hebie jeebies wading the swamp at night
frog gigging! I also was at the White river refuge and set my deer stand
one evening, the next mourning water risen, had to wade through the
gator infested slue in darkness! Everyone gets the jeebies, no matter
where you live they will get to ya!

Last edited:
Sorry guys, I was thinking of the Eastern Massasauga when I was saying timber rattler......two different species. I just looked it up. Evidently they are making a comeback here in Michigan and are on the "of special concern" status now. Still never ran across one! +1 on the Aussie dog,my lab might bark at a snake,maybe..:) We never killed black snakes in KY since they eat mice and such. They're pretty docile too. I try to catch garter's and ribbon snakes to show my kids that they aren't as bad as mom says....:dizzy:

R&S .......I'd like a pair of gator boots if you run across one!

Back