Snow Plow Questions

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope you're talking about RV antifreeze

Whoops, no. I simply followed the advice of a local dealer some 14 years ago!
& no leakage yet.
Point taken though, thank you.

i got a old 79 bronco with a 8ft fisher plow,engine driven hydraulics on it.works great.the only thing i got to do is fix the sagging front end but other than that it pushes great.had 2 scouts before that and they worked good,not enough power,1 a 4cylinder,other a 6 cylinder,engine driven hydraulics.

what engine is in it i have a 400m in my garage

If your tractor had 9 bolt hubs, you could look for a set of rims with old tires,(check the rim and tire piles behind implement lots), load them with fluid, and put chains on them. Then you could keep your new tires and painted rims away from fluid and chains. Put the nice rims/ tires on in the spring and the chained up wieghted ones on in the fall. you will need a shop hoist or two people to manuver them onto the hubs.

I just picked up a 7' back blade for the tractor, so it looks like I'll be set if we get hit by a huge blizzard. I like the idea of finding a set of extra rims and tires - I'll have to keep an eye out. I also have a set of dual wheel adapters for the tractor, not that it would help with the plowing, just that it would up the bada$$inism of the rig in general.

Sounds like you are all set, just a tip you may or may not know. If you need a bit more traction lift the loader all the way up - make sure there's nothing in the bucket that is going to fall on your head. It will transfer more weight to the rear wheels and may get you out of a bind.

No matter what plowing rig you have set up, deep snow should never become an issue. Plow with the storm, 6-8" pushes with light and fluffy, 3-4" with wet and heavy.

Latest posts

Back