So, how did I do?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JustinM

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
So I get a call from a friend & this is what I came home with.

It's a Dolmar KMS-4 wankel (in case that's not obvious).
It runs beautifully & apparently the history is that is has very low actual usage - although there's clearly a bit of cosmetic wear so I'm not sure I believe that.

At this point not sure what I'm doing with it (ie keep it or not). But having fun in the meantime.image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1,022.6 KB · Views: 13
How many CC and what do these run for HP? Only heard very little about these.

58 cc but a whopping 8hp - on account of the rotary engine.

We don't know how you did. We'd have to know what you paid to answer that ;)

Haha, good point. I'll leave it at "under $500" :p

Woah, a wankel chainsaw?! That is high on the cool factor, and that thing has some serious lugging power.

I'm thinking that may be the one that was on CL (for much less than $300) a week or two ago.....

What's that on the starter cover?

image-jpg.436782

Don't think I've seen that on any KMS-4's before...

3.379C

I'm thinking that may be the one that was on CL (for much less than $300) a week or two ago.....

Nope, not on craigslist. Im up in Canada - he wanted a lot more than $500 actually but my keen negotiating skills (while trying to keep my enthusiasm in check) got it down a bit ;)

What's that on the starter cover?
Don't think I've seen that on any KMS-4's before...

I actually have no idea. It comes out from the handle bar. There's a bolt hole (and one in the starter cover) but no bolt. Ive seen it on 1 or 2 others (1 youtube vid i think?) but its definitely not common on most of them.

Latest posts

Back