So I built another splitter...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Iam a little slow to respond,been busy and my 10yr old girl used up way too much data watching utube so had to pace usage! as always your work shines,having access to the rite tools makes it much easier also.anxious to use it,u know since u will be getting wood out here u can leave that pile of steel in the barn.lol:hmm3grin2orange:
i want to get my 20,000lb,3point winch built ,but time has its constraints!

Iam a little slow to respond,been busy and my 10yr old girl used up way too much data watching utube so had to pace usage! as always your work shines,having access to the rite tools makes it much easier also.anxious to use it,u know since u will be getting wood out here u can leave that pile of steel in the barn.lol:hmm3grin2orange:
i want to get my 20,000lb,3point winch built ,but time has its constraints!

Think the winch will have to be a "post" wood gathering project. Building this splitter put me behind the game and this lil one ing lap really isn't carrying his share of the load either.. The pile of wood sits exactly like I left it this weekend..

ya i know,it sucks to have priorities other than what u want,:confused2:,but such is life:bang:

gotta do whats necessary ,we all know if mama aint happy nobody happy!;)

So I finally got to tun this splitter last night and let me tell you this.... IS KICKS AZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!! If we had a dump trailer and an elevator I could run that splitter all day. Figuring out the levers is one thing but boy its fun run:D

So I finally got to tun this splitter last night and let me tell you this.... IS KICKS AZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!! If we had a dump trailer and an elevator I could run that splitter all day. Figuring out the levers is one thing but boy its fun run:D

Thanks buddy. If your going from a single lever valve it sure makes you think a little. I'll add that the cycle time with the 22gpm pump and 5"x24" cylinder is right on 12secs. Not the fastest by any means but it takes no time to unload the log lift-loading table. We did play a little bit and mike set a few pieces of wood in sideways and it cut right through it with ease. Mike was even stacking the pieces two pieces at a time. I've took a few half chunks on before but he trumped me there. Sure glad I went with the taller wedge and HD pusher plate.

Rather not disclose that since I build and sell splitters like this on the side.. I'll give you a hint, there by no means cheap the build

Very nice build. The only thing I would change is to mount the hydraulic filter assembly in the vertical position to make the process less messy.

Very nice build. The only thing I would change is to mount the hydraulic filter assembly in the vertical position to make the process less messy.

Thank you, I debated on the filter location for a while, I figured I rather spill some oil changing the filter rather then putting it in harms way for getting hit while under pressure.

I understand, sometimes you have to sacrifice a little in order to save critical components. Definitely don't want to lose a filter and spray 130ish degree oil on somebody.

I love using it!!
edehe9a6.jpg

Latest posts

Back