So I Get A CAll From A Distant Neighbor

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A lady that I know that heats with wood, calls me.....She asks: "is your wood splitter pretty heavy duty?" I said: "yes it is." She adds:, can you come over and split some oak I have, i'll pay you what ever you think is fair." So, I make plans with her to show up today, and as she already knew my back is shot, she added that she would have a couple "helpers" there.

So I show up over there, and she had at least 50 red oak blocks like this one,

standard.jpg

and a bunch more this size!

standard.jpg

My helpers set the blocks on the splitter, (along with chain sawing out more of them) and along with her, they filled/stacked all they could get in the building in the pict... THEN continued to make a stack outside too! lol

I pushed every one of them through the 4-way and some of them were so big they had to be pushed through 3 and 4 times to get them down to "burning" size! Damn, she had some BIG blocks over there, and most of them were tough crotches!

It took 3 hours of steady hard work, but I got it done! lol Boy, was she ever impressed! lol AND those poor young guys, I worked there buts off! lol

She paid me well, I hope they got paid well too...

SR

Looks like a good days work Sawyer Rob, don't know where you are from but here we would not call those big rounds. The ones I've been working up lately I have to noodle 2 or 3 times to make them small enough for me and another fit helper to roll into place under a vertical splitter. More than one we measured were 38 to40 inches across. The largest we did last Sunday was 48" across.Old oak that had been passed up by all the other cutters in the area. Still a good work out for you and the lads. Glad you got to work the splitter and the young'uns.

Latest posts

Back