So I tried my hand at filing square chisel...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IchWarriorMkII

IchWarriorMkII

ArboristSite Guru
I slept in... might not even make it up to the mountain to test it out...

darn it!

Been a while since I posted here... think my life has finally slowed down a bit so I can enjoy the finer points in life... like a sharp chain, a loud saw and a little bit of firewood cuttin:bowdown:

landroverbill

landroverbill

ArboristSite Member
I waited as long as I could before I gave it a shot. With all the talk about how people were frustrated by the learning curve, It wasn't one of the things I needed to add to my failure list. I got the file, chain and saw and gave it a try. Tested the cutting before and after. I wish I had tried sooner. Very happy with results.
Bill

IchWarriorMkII

IchWarriorMkII

ArboristSite Guru
I have been doing drywall in my house for 2 years now... that was a learning curve. and a lot of work.

So I figure now what Im done with that... square filing has to be easy! I need a new file... I had one pferd and a few of them hexagonal files and I can't find my hexagonals... dang it!

mdavlee

mdavlee

Tree Freak
If you haven't been on in a while there is a thread from a couple weeks ago about square filing. It does take patience and a lot of time to get decent at it. I don't know how long it takes to get good at it. I'm still not close to good. I can get a few good cutters every now and then.

001-5.jpg

http://arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=141414