So my neighbor did this

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So pull it down with a fiberglass pole.

Great plan, but I didn't bring one to the job.
I was helping another tree service, as they lacked the expertise to bring the tree down. I didn't count on working around any power or doing any pruning, either.
Kind of a problem tree, they trimmed off all the dead tree on the lawn side of the house, only to discover that they couldn't reach all the tree over the roof. Now it was heavily weighted towards falling on the house. Ooops!

Great plan, but I didn't bring one to the job.
I was helping another tree service, as they lacked the expertise to bring the tree down. I didn't count on working around any power or doing any pruning, either.
Kind of a problem tree, they trimmed off all the dead tree on the lawn side of the house, only to discover that they couldn't reach all the tree over the roof. Now it was heavily weighted towards falling on the house. Ooops!
On the Bucket Truck we carry rubber Lineman gloves a fiberglass stick-saw that's insulated and clean fiberglass pole, rubber boots may also help. Best to stay away from that crap, I have seen what it can do.

The power companies responsibility stops at the transformer that drops line voltage from 10k+ voltage to 240v. for both above ground and underground lines. Ditto for underground 10kv+ underground lines.
I agree and that is the way it is here except we are still on the 1948 lines that are 7200V (not that it matters in the slightest). Now with that being said even though their responsibility ends at the transformer that does not mean you can slap a ladder up against the pole, climb up and hook up your tri-plex. As I said before I have had weather heads and tri-plex ripped from buildings due to tree issues. It has always been my responsibility to repair all damage to the meter base , conduit, and weather head. I have to supply them a good line coming out of the weather head for them to reattach the triplex to. They will for free, re-attach it but if the tri-plex is damaged that is my responsibility. I believe they will also drop a line for free so you can complete tree trimming. They will also pull your meter if you need to due a main panel replacement. That has not stopped some from pulling their own meter though. :omg: It happens.

Latest posts

Back