So my neighbor did this

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Few questions, so what haooend when they reject the letter multiple times? Rejection of certified mail is not considered being informed. Hence why i ended up paying the sherif to hand deliver the letter to my neighbor.
Also, whom did you get to asses the tree (s) as hazard tree (s)? Doesn't matter if you're a "professional" or not, you need to hire someone without a vested interest in your property, ie third party.
Even if you can skip all those hurdles (which I highly doubt.) It's still up to your insurance company to sure have insurance company to prove liability.
Been dealing with this for the past 10 years. Between the township, insurance company and lawyers I'm fairly confident you don't just send a certified letter and call it a day.
The law in Iowa is one letter via certified mail, one by regular mail, and one posted.

Yes Sean is in Pennsylvania and your is California do you have a point or are you just trying to be obstinate?

On a side note I have land in multiple states and have dealt with similar issues.
who the hell said im in comifornia?
dude, I live way, way east of CA
my point is, you are citing laws for states that were never, and will never be of discussion in this thread, waste of time posting about them here, hate to break it to you but for the 27448'th time you were wrong

One posted? As in hand delivered by sheriff/constable?
Posted to their residence. You can also pay some county Sheriffs departments to serve them or in larger areas pay a process server. The method that always made me chuckle was the need to send it by regular mail. What good is regular mail when you refuse certified mail? :surprised3: It just another goofy law.

Sharing our experiences, weather state law varies a little or not, is still a viable advise. How many jack arse neighbors have you delt with? How many have you needed to get the township and lawyers involved to make sure the lazy sleezebag that does zero property maintenance pays for the damage his neglect has caused? After the third time I had to fix my roof, from his half dead trees shedding branches and the township flat out telling me there's nothing they can do, and I can't do anything that will kill the trees, I spent considerable time and money to make sure the next time my house is damaged he's paying for it. I quite assure you, it's more then just a certified letter from the homeowner and all will be taken care of by the offenders insurance company.

Posted to their residence. You can also pay some county Sheriffs departments to serve them or in larger areas pay a process server. The method that always made me chuckle was the need to send it by regular mail. What good is regular mail when you refuse certified mail? :surprised3: It just another goofy law.
It's quite a run around here too, so not surprising.

may be able to remove whats over the property line, the tree has already been butchered by the utility companies, would require removing enough to kill the tree tho which is illegal

Under Florida law, a neighbor may trim the branches of a neighbor's tree if the branches extend past the property line. The branches may only be cut back to the owner's property line and if it cannot threaten the health of the tree.

Sharing our experiences, weather state law varies a little or not, is still a viable advise. How many jack arse neighbors have you delt with? How many have you needed to get the township and lawyers involved to make sure the lazy sleezebag that does zero property maintenance pays for the damage his neglect has caused? After the third time I had to fix my roof, from his half dead trees shedding branches and the township flat out telling me there's nothing they can do, and I can't do anything that will kill the trees, I spent considerable time and money to make sure the next time my house is damaged he's paying for it. I quite assure you, it's more then just a certified letter from the homeowner and all will be taken care of by the offenders insurance company.
I agree 100%.

It's quite a run around here too, so not surprising.
You have to jump through the hoops but it helps when you have all your evidence inline when you go to court. I had a neighbor once that thought he knew Illinois fence law, he did not, he had to replace the fence, and his insurance had to pay for damages.

Latest posts

Back