So now that my Stihl MS170 starts...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Keep going with your ms 170 man, day after day you learn more and more , cut which trees is easy for you , for the others just pay someone who is pro.
dont need to buy a 1500 dollars saw just for once in your life.

that tree is not going to fall the way you want with out pulling it. big open face, leave a thicker than normal hinge and then pull it the rest of the way down.
you need some basic fundamental instruction, i recommend Dent's book. just use the basic cuts, forget the fancy swing cuts as your no where near ready for those. the big thing here is that you have no clue how to read a tree, and thats not some thing we can tell you how to do on the internet.
Yah, I think roping is the way to go. Its just the angle of the rope that is gonna be a pain. It is going to be lifting the back of the truck so I will lose traction. I will need lots more rope to get a better angle.

Seriously. Who is this guy?

You. I haven't really followed the legend but he/you seem to be famous here at Arborsite for shaking things up a bit. You/he kind of calls us out for taking ourselves to seriously and you/he can put a humorous spin on things. Hopefully it stays light hearted and nobody gets upset after they find out they have taken time to give serious advice too you/he. I'm a fan but everything has its limits. This info is for the confused AS member because of course you know who you are, the one, the only, jokester of Arborsite "BA"!

Yah, I think roping is the way to go. Its just the angle of the rope that is gonna be a pain. It is going to be lifting the back of the truck so I will lose traction. I will need lots more rope to get a better angle.
So you went from cant start a homeowner saw to the science of take downs and figuring angles out in a couple days huh?

That's why I told him to take a writing course in another 170 thread.
Like a comedian who steals a joke, gets a laugh once, and can't figure why folks don't keep laughing.
He needs to get new material.
But then again. It's beyond him.
He doesn't know how dim he is making himself look.
BA is well.....a BA.

LOL BA is at it again. if MSWS is real i'm not surprised. homeowners with saws scare the hell out of me. there's actually alot of guys who "know what they're doing" that scare the hell out of me. i know dealers need to sell to whoever they can but there really should be a chainsaw essentials course in this world. then again, it could be a population decreaser selling saws to homeowners.

You. I haven't really followed the legend but he/you seem to be famous here at Arborsite for shaking things up a bit. You/he kind of calls us out for taking ourselves to seriously and you/he can put a humorous spin on things. Hopefully it stays light hearted and nobody gets upset after they find out they have taken time to give serious advice too you/he. I'm a fan but everything has its limits. This info is for the confused AS member because of course you know who you are, the one, the only, jokester of Arborsite "BA"!
So is it a generic term for someone not being serious or us BA an actual individual? Like did he have a username brush ape?

http://www.worksafebc.com/publicati.../assets/pdf/bc_faller_training_standard_1.pdf
http://www.worksafebc.com/publicati.../assets/pdf/bc_faller_training_standard_2.pdf

From the Worksafe BC reports on fatalities

Injury: Fatal
Industry: Forestry, Services (NES)
Core Activity: Residential tree services
Date of Incident: 2015-Jan

A certified faller was falling a broadleaf maple tree (26 inches in diameter) on a 55 percent sloping bank adjacent to a residential lot. The faller had placed the undercut and was completing the back cut when the trunk of the tree split and barberchaired. Evidence at the scene suggests the worker was struck by a portion of the tree. He succumbed to his injuries.

Posted: 2015-Jan-16 ID: 2015166960021

Industry: Forestry
Core Activity: Manual tree falling and bucking / Helicopter logging
Date of Incident: 2014-Dec

A certified manual faller was bucking a blowdown tree on steep ground. When the faller cut off the top section of the tree, the rootwad section shifted and pinned the faller to the ground. The faller sustained fatal injuries.

Posted: 2014-Dec-17 ID: 2014161740095

Industry: Forestry
Core Activity: Hand falling
Date of Incident: 2014-Sep

A recently certified hand faller was fatally injured while trying to fall four limb-tied trees. The faller lost control of all four trees, with all of them falling towards the faller (opposite to the intended direction). The faller was found by his coworkers.

Posted: 2014-Sep-24 ID: 2014158930103

All fallers who were trained, tested and certified.

If this is a legit posting, make sure your life insurance is paid up and your wife knows where all your bank accounts are hidden.

Back