So...There is a STIHL in my garage.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RED-85-Z51

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
but it isnt mine. IT is a good freinds, he asked me to clean it up and tune it in for him.

It is an Old 08-S saw.

8.5/10 condition, 100% complete, with great compression.

This STIHL might actually impress me..:chainsaw:

Havent seen a stihl I liked yet, but this one might chage that.:)

I think I seen one in a movie where they was cutting a big hole in the ice to dump a body. I spent a few hours finding it. Big top handle looking saw?

RED-85-Z51 said:
but it isnt mine. IT is a good freinds, he asked me to clean it up and tune it in for him.

It is an Old 08-S saw.

8.5/10 condition, 100% complete, with great compression.

This STIHL might actually impress me..:chainsaw:

Havent seen a stihl I liked yet, but this one might chage that.:)

Dayumm Red that thing is older than my great grandma. Do you ever fool with any modern saws?

THALL10326 said:
Dayumm Red that thing is older than my great grandma. Do you ever fool with any modern saws?

Hey!!!! I still work on those. Put new bearings, cranks and seals in about 8 cases a few months ago... :help:

A guy I work with has one, it's the only saw he has, said it
was given to him about 15 years ago and has cut his fire wood
with it every year. He said he cuts 5 full cords a year with it.

Lakeside53 said:
Hey!!!! I still work on those. Put new bearings, cranks and seals in about 8 cases a few months ago... :help:

Dayummmmmmmmm those guys still use those old saws out west, man. Round here any saw brought in by a customer over a year old is told time for a new one,LOLOL And they wonder why my freebie saws are so pruty,hehe

I still use mine from time to time. Not a fast saw but it has tons of grunt. Its actually what I first started milling with. Does pretty good in small to medium softwoods.

Hey Red, good to see you back. You always keep me laughing.

See Ultra, I can be nice.:help:

04ultra said:
Might make it 15 minutes.....

I noticed the Echo CS520 is gone from his signature, The guy must have finally come back to pick it up or it could have taken 2 months for him to fix it.:censored:

Dang Red, are you still working on that saw? It's been hours since you last posted
I know you fell in :heart: with that beauty and you don't know what to do.
Should you tear into it for a second, third, fourth time maybe to see the beauty of design. Now I know you are fond of many different types of saws by looking at your signature and reading your threads but this is one like no other that you have had your hands on, so be very careful or the bug is likely to get you and your blood might start turning orange.

Ultra I tried............................................................:bang:

Cut4fun said:
I think I seen one in a movie where they was cutting a big hole in the ice to dump a body. I spent a few hours finding it.
Was it badly decomposed? Did you call the cops?

Just Mow said:
I noticed the Echo CS520 is gone from his signature, The guy must have finally come back to pick it up or it could have taken 2 months for him to fix it.:censored:

Nope, it was fixed a couple days after I got it from him.

Still sitting in my storage shed..he wont answer the phone or return my calls.

Back