So what's the current Two stroke oil favorite for

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I run echos so I run the red armor oil while it's in the warranty period. I have heard it stains parts red maybe that's how the dealers know when they tear the saw apart??? So far so good. I usually mix a little rich like 45:1 in my 50:1 equipment
Really? I have a Cs420es and the warranty document translation that I have does not state that. It just says use "good quality JASO FC oil made for air cooled 2 stroke engines" and carb adjustment is required after 8 to 18 hours and recommended every 50 hours. Though I bought it from big box so no one explained anything hands-on.

Amsoil Saber mixed at 60:1. I used to use Lawnboy oil in my Lawnboy mower. Had to clean the exhaust ports at the end of each season. Nothing in the exhaust ports after using Saber. Ditto to a smaller extent for my Homelite XL12 using Homelite oil. Less buildup than the Lawnboy, but it was still reduced to something that I can wipe out with a paper towel or qtip at the end of the year. Zero trouble with sour fuel using Saber.
Ahhhh the good Ole lawnboy mowers! I completely forgot about those. I remember them having the side discharge way up front. Second lawnmower I remember using first was a Montgomery ward rear bagger with the top handle removed because i was only 5 when I started cutting lawn and the full handle was to tall for me. Then I graduated to snapper and never looked back got a half dozen or so and if I see any by the curb I damn near lock the brakes up to get it

Really? I have a Cs420es and the warranty document translation that I have does not state that. It just says use "good quality JASO FC oil made for air cooled 2 stroke engines" and carb adjustment is required after 8 to 18 hours and recommended every 50 hours. Though I bought it from big box so no one explained anything hands-on.
Trouble with the echos is I think the dealer has to adjust carb because of those limiter caps. I haven't had to adjust anything yet on my echos. It was just a rumor I heard about the red armor oil mix. I have alot of echos so it takes awhile to get to 50 hours on 1 of them.

FC is a good oil , Just a little less solvency & dispersent protection . You normally may see a little more smoke an odor issues , I used FC for years will no issues . The FD is the accepted finest form of synthetic oil protection for pretty well all 2 stroke applications , when mixed properly in a adequately tuned engine .

Looking for carbon buildup at richer ratios?
Absolutely , 2T like Dominator were originated from severe motor cycle racing applications . Designed for high rpm , heat & pressure rigors of motor cycle racing . When used at proper ratio & engine tuning , deposits & fouling can be reduced . There are more suitable oils for chainsaw use.

Absolutely , 2T like Dominator were originated from severe motor cycle racing applications . Designed for high rpm , heat & pressure rigors of motor cycle racing . When used at proper ratio & engine tuning , deposits & fouling can be reduced . There are more suitable oils for chainsaw use.
Naw. With most cleaner burning oils, the more you use, the cleaner the saw runs

Ahhhh the good Ole lawnboy mowers! I completely forgot about those. I remember them having the side discharge way up front. Second lawnmower I remember using first was a Montgomery ward rear bagger with the top handle removed because i was only 5 when I started cutting lawn and the full handle was to tall for me. Then I graduated to snapper and never looked back got a half dozen or so and if I see any by the curb I damn near lock the brakes up to get it
I have two Lawnboy self propelled mowers. Both bought new, one in 1974, one in 1994. Running Amsoil synthetic oil there is zero smoke from them. Both mowers still run strong and are on their 7th and 4th set of wheels respectively.

Back