So ya put bar oil in the gas tank and gas in the bar oil tank

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brent Nowell

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
sure did!!! Good thing I didn’t start the saw, flushed gas tank out with carb cleaner.

If anyone else has done the same thing you should tell us so I don’t feel like a complete idiot :)

WhirlwindSevereConey-size_restricted.gif

Yep. That and "blue gas" in the lawnmower.

Kinda the same as not labeling (or not using the right color cans) your gas cans and then getting K-1 kerosene (i use it as charcoal liter fluid) mixed up with 110 leaded...[emoji33]

I lost both eye brows and a good amount of arm hair. [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

Came close once. Worked a 12 hour night shift and came home to find a tree blocking my driveway. Just about put bar oil in the fuel tank. It was at that point that I decided I was too tired to be running a saw. I pulled in the driveway as far as I could an went to bed. I cut the tree without issue after taking a few hours rest.

I often put premix in my tractors and log splitter. It keeps the inners lubed like us using olive oil on our salads.

I never mixed up the gas premix and the bar oil yet. I do keep my mind on what I’m doing and block out all the other things that are going on in my life when cutting.

It does bring up a good point. How often do you flush the gas tank and oil tank? I have a rag on my gas can to wipe away the sa chips on the filler caps. But that probably doesn’t stop the chips from getting into the tanks.

Latest posts

Back