Sold a little Eager Beaver 2.0 to a buddy...like new, but may have oiling issues?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kentuckydiesel

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
A week or two ago I picked up a few saws, and one was a little Eager Beaver 2.0 with "Factory Refurbished" stamped on the bottom. :confused:

Anyway, this thing may as well have been 2months old. Clean as a whistle. Recoil rope came loose so the previous owner put the saw away. My buddy was looking for a light saw to limb with. I showed it to him and he gave me $75. :msp_thumbup:

Anyway, he told me today that he didn't think the oiler was working. It was working for me when I tuned the saw before I sold it to him. It's one of these units with the manual thumb oiler setup. Do they have automatic too? I didn't even crack open the clutch cover on this saw since it was so clean. Anyone know of oiler issues with these saws?

Here's the saw:
288547d1365201101-75-1-jpg

Thanks,
Phillip

I had one of those little Eager Beavers years ago, my dad did to be honest. I never could get that thing to oil. It had manual oiler only. I had it apart I don't know how many times, even bought new parts for it, never could get it to oil. :dizzy:

It sat around for years. I finally took the engine out of it and threw the rest of it away. Couple years ago some fella in Cali. was looking for a good engine. So I gave it to him. LOL Thats the last memory I have of the little Mac.;) It always ran well, and cut well for its size, just NEVER oiled.

:cheers:
Gregg,

They have both automatic and manual oiler. Auto. oiler adjustment is in the hole in the front by the bucking spike rib. Half turn CCW should be enuff.

Mine don't seem to respond to the manual oiler.:msp_unsure:

75 USD :msp_ohmy:is 35 more than I would sell 'em for.

Phillip, seriously, if you can get that much out of them then more power to ya.

Personally, I won't sell one or even give one away to someone local because they WILL want to bring it back to me to fix it.

Phillip, seriously, if you can get that much out of them then more power to ya.

Personally, I won't sell one or even give one away to someone local because they WILL want to bring it back to me to fix it.

$75 actually isn't a bad deal for him considering I work on his saws for free anyway.
I'm even such a nice guy, I threw in a 1 year warranty against everything but straight gassing or breakage from dropping/getting run over, etc...ya know...since I was gonna have to work on whatever he bought anyway. ;)

I will start with the oiler adjustment and go from there.

Thanks for the advice...and for giving me cr@p. :D

-Phillip

the oiler is found behind the fuel/oil tank when you pull the front cover off.
chances are that either the tank has become blocked and needs to be flushed from the oil port that the oil tube goes into.
the auto oiler it self may need to be soaked in kerosene or deeezil fuel. i put the oiler in a big enough container to fit my hand into. i work the diaghram in/out firmly while soaking the oiler in the 'cleaner'. every so often i'll test it by filling the inlet with what i'm using to clean it and quickly pumping the diaghram to see if the inlet level drops while the outlet starts to fill up. keep going until it works fully.

or give your buddy his money back, toss the mac into a dumpster and give him that poulan instead.

The one I had did NOT have the auto oiler.
Manual oiler only!

Never had a problem with it. Saw ran/runs great to this day!!
It lives in Florida now with Dad.

The one I had did NOT have the auto oiler.
Manual oiler only!

Never had a problem with it. Saw ran/runs great to this day!!
It lives in Florida now with Dad.

then you had a much older one. made only a couple few years and (if i remember correctly) in the second or 3rd year the auto oiler was an option. after that, they all had auto/manual oilers. i've had the older ones in here that didn't have the oiler, but they did have the saddle where it sits. just no pulse port.

then you had a much older one. made only a couple few years and (if i remember correctly) in the second or 3rd year the auto oiler was an option. after that, they all had auto/manual oilers. i've had the older ones in here that didn't have the oiler, but they did have the saddle where it sits. just no pulse port.

Exactly.
The adjustment/access hole in the front of the case was there, but no oiler

Friends don't sell friends an Eager Beaver:laugh:

I did help him find and tune up a fairly nice Homelite 360 which he loves. He just had to have a light top handle saw, so that fit the bill. Besides, a good clean Beaver usually costs a guy much more than $75. He looked around, and this Beaver was far cleaner than the other Beavers that he was able to find. :rolleyes2::wink2::msp_biggrin:

-Phillip

Back